11-13-2019

IN

12 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 1 of 18

Speaker issue

2019-11-13, 14:20 PM

Bought a new moto g8 plus . It has a speaker issue when connected to a external Bluetooth speaker the receiver ( which also acts as a second speaker ) starts to make quickry whistle sound during incoming calls & gets resolved only vai a reboot . On going calls when attended via loudspeaker sometime gets muted & volume also gets ups and downs on both speakers . Already got two replacement via Flipkart ( e-commerce exclusive) but the issue still persists not able to get whats the problem can any one help me out with this ??

Options

1230 Posts

03-11-2019

US

522 Signins

35950 Page Views

• Views: 35950
  • Message 2 of 18

Re: Speaker issue

2019-11-13, 16:30 PM

Hi Ammar53,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried another Bluetooth speaker? What is the model of the Bluetooth Speaker that you are using? Does the same thing happen when playing media such as music or videos? Please update your profile with your current phone, carrier, and IMEI, -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-13-2019

IN

12 Signins

191 Page Views

• Message 3 of 18

2019-11-13, 17:38 PM

Problem only persists when connected on external bluetooth speaker (JBL) 

Options

1230 Posts

03-11-2019

US

522 Signins

35950 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2019-11-13, 21:43 PM

Hi Ammar53

Have you tried another Bluetooth speaker?  Does the same thing happen when playing media such as music or videos? Try unpairing the Bluetooth device and re-pair it again. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-13-2019

IN

12 Signins

191 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2019-11-15, 13:30 PM

Ya tried with different Bluetooth device but the problem persists even when connected to a cars Bluetooth system the same whistle sound comes from the receiver even without phone calls . I don't no what to do even Flipkart return window is closed . I have used moto E1st &2nd gen , moto G 1st,2nd , 3rd ,G 5s , moto one power but never faced such quality issues . Moto is know from its build & software quality but this time moto g8 Plus disappointed me... at least Can anyone from this forum help out with this issue 

Options

1230 Posts

03-11-2019

US

522 Signins

35950 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

Re:Speaker issue

2019-11-15, 16:29 PM

Hi Ammar53,

Can you provide the exact model of the JBL Bluetooth Speaker and the car speaker? We would also like to request a bug report and a video showing the whistling noise. You will need access to the developer options to make a bug report. 

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

BLUETOOTH BUG REPORT:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Share the link to the bug report via a private message.
11. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
12. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

2020-01-18, 22:02 PM

I have the exact same problem. 

Is the bug report already posted?

You have enough information to identify the problem or do you need some information from my side as well?

Options

1230 Posts

03-11-2019

US

522 Signins

35950 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2020-01-30, 13:52 PM

Hi findftp,

We have not yet got any bug report from other users. If you can, please provide us a bug report with the necessary details such as Bluetooth speaker model. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

01-30-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 9 of 18

2020-01-30, 15:26 PM

I have the exact same issue with my Moto G8 Plus. I have it on 3 different bluetooth speakers, so it's definitely related to the phone, and not the speakers.

The problem can be reproduced as follows: Phone is connected to speaker over bluetooth. Phone receives incoming call. I can't hear the person on the other side. If I close the call, disconnect the bluetooth speaker, and call the person back, the sound over the phone is extremely tinny and quiet. Only way to solve this issue is by rebooting the phone. Airplane mode on and off doesn't help.

Bluetooth speakers are Aiwa Exos-9, Doss Soundbox XL and Denon Envaya DSB 200.

VERY annoying!

2020-02-17, 11:19 AM

Hi, 

I followed your instructions and was able to generate a big report but not btsnoop_hci.log

I tried to search for that file in my entire storage but it's not there.

I've tried two different file managers.

I also searched for files containing 'bts', nothing found.

I enabled HCI snoop log, the other things, rebooted my phone afterwards and reproduced the bug.

Why don't you buy a jbl charge 3 and reproduce this error yourself? I think it's way easier than go back and forth on this forum. My time is too valuable to spend hours debugging this while such a speaker only costs a few dollars. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save