01-20-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Stereo Speaker issue

2020-01-19, 23:39 PM

Hello, my problem is, that after a random time (sometimes 30mins, sometimes 1h) watching YouTube or Netflix, the upper speaker becomes quieter, so that the sound only seems to come from the downside. Multiple times per minute,the volume goes up again but only for a second.

I deactivated the dolby app and tested some equalizers (because btw., the lowest volume level is too loud for me), but nothing helped.

Only restarting the phone is helping every single time.

Options

8584 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1017 Signins

134997 Page Views

• Views: 134997
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Stereo Speaker issue

2020-01-23, 22:05 PM

Hi opdl,

This is odd. Aren't you getting any interference such as notification while streaming? Does it happen all the time, whatever video and while streaming music/mp3 using Google Play Music? It is also advisable to test the speaker in the Device Help app > Device diagnosis > Hardware Test > Speaker. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-20-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-01-27, 7:59 AM

No, I dont get any interference. Yes it happens all the time, doesnt matter what I am doing (hearing music too). After its appearance, its a system wide problem. What I still have to test is what happens if I connect a headset. 

Meanwhile it happened on the other speaker too, but not on both at the same time. I found out that not only restart is helping, maxing the volume for some seconds is helping too (temporary).

Device Help App is useless, it only asks if I've heard the sound it was playing.

Options

8584 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1017 Signins

134997 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-01-27, 20:46 PM

Hi opdl,

Thanks for confirming. We tried replicating this but we're not experiencing the same behavior. While testing a headset, I would also recommend observing this behavior in safe mode. You can stream in Youtube in safe mode but third-party apps are disabled. We would also like to keep running some tests regarding this. If it matters, may I know what volume level did it usually happens?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Hope that helps. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-20-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-01-29, 12:08 PM

Seems that it does not happen always after all, 2 days ago it did not happen within 2 hours. But yesterday: the same problem. I already tested it in Safe Mode with same result. As soon as it happened, I tested some earphones and got no problem.

Edit: I always use the lowest volume level, because all other levels are too loud for me while watching in bed at night. (even lowest level is too loud for me to be honest, the old volume range of my Moto G5 before was better)

Options

8584 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1017 Signins

134997 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-01-30, 15:19 PM

Hi opdl,

Thanks for trying in safe mode. Looks like it's the hardware speaker itself that needs to be addressed. However, at this point, I would still suggest doing a factory data reset without restoring your backup. This should fix this if it's some sort of software failure. 

Factory Data Reset:
Settings > System > Reset options > Factory Reset
*Backup your important files before doing the reset

Test the speaker and observe the same behavior, see if there's an improvement. Otherwise. I would suggest sending the phone for repair.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save