FR

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 4

Wifi call on Orange network in France

2019-11-18, 19:56 PM

Hi,

Can the G8 (or G7 by all means) support WiFi calls in France on Orange network? Orange do support it, tested with both Samsung and iPhone with success.

Suggestion: seeing that the question is being posed quite a few times maybe a stickie somewhere with all that should work and does work listed?

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Wifi call on Orange network in France

2019-11-20, 15:31 PM

Hi Malm06,

Thanks for your interest. I tried to search this on Orange carrier but I can't find certain documentation. I'll ask around and I'll let you know here once I have a confirmation. 

Edit: I just got a confirmation from the team, the Moto G8 Plus doesn't have WiFi calling on Orange carrier. Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

11-18-2019

FR

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-11-21, 16:34 PM

Thanks Rich,

Out of curiosity, what is the problem here? It does support it on some networks I understand.

Is the standard not very well defined?

Is the implementation different between carriers?

Does the use of Wifi call require validation by Moto and/or the carrier in question for each phone?

It's being activated in the phone's software for each carrier's SIM or something?

Partly because I'm interested in general how this works, I have a hunch because I used to work at a handset manufacturer and experienced the Orange spec at close range as a product manager - but it was long ago... Partly because I wonder if I can request from Orange to accept the phone for Wifi calls.

//KM

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-02, 21:00 PM

Hi Malm06,

If you're asking if it's a hardware issue, we don't think so. These requirements are worked out mutually by the carrier and the manufacturer. While your request could help Orange understand the demand, it's not a simple thing to activate this based on isolated requests. (Don't want to give the impression that it's just flipping a switch! There is an involved certification process.) Hope this helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save