Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SachaLord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 1 of 15

Android Read Wrong Battery Indicator

Screenshot_20181206-161429.png

When phone reads battery too high, it would act as if it is draining to the correct percentage. Also when battery is high, it wont charge above 100% when actually battery is 50%. When phone reads battery too low, it will turn off the phone. Upon charging, battery jump up to 50%. This makes battery level unreliable. Many users has reported battery draining problems but no real solution is given since I suspect this is firmware bug since everyone is experiencing it. The solution would be Motorola updating the firmware.

Troubleshooting I have tried:

× Factory Data Reset and start as new

× Wipe cache partition

× Run in safemode

× Force restarting phone (cause percentage to jump up and down 100 to 40 to 80 to 50, etc).

× I hope motorola makes a fixed OS Update.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 244
Message 2 of 15

Re: Android Read Wrong Battery Indicator

Hi SachaLord,

Thank you for posting, this is odd. If you have already tried the following troubleshooting with no avail. It sounds like a faulty Battery. However, we want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state.

Here is how to capture a Bug Report.

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take Bug Report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the Bug Report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug Report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Let us know if have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

SachaLord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 235
Message 3 of 15

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/#

Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again.
SachaLord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 233
Message 4 of 15

I have sent you my IMEI in personal message.
NikhilJpr
802.11n
Views: 227
Message 5 of 15

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi SachaLord,

Thank you for posting, this is odd. If you have already tried the following troubleshooting with no avail. It sounds like a faulty Battery. However, we want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state.

Here is how to capture a Bug Report.

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take Bug Report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the Bug Report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug Report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Let us know if have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

➡️Every Moto M user is facing this issue.

How can everyone's battery be faulty?

Or is the quality of battery so poor?

Highlighted
SachaLord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 200
Message 6 of 15

Screenshot_20181206-213236.png

Shows that Android reading wrong percentage. After phone shutdown itself, I can still turn on, boot, and use it at 1% until it turn off itself and cannot boot. Notice battery discharge rate is faster after 50% mark. If we draw line from 50% to the last recorded value, battery life will make more sense. This is excluding the fact that phone might not have charged until exactly 100% since the battery data is wrong. Therefore, my battery life could have been better.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aQVuXQxv_Y7NzWUystxV7nTTFfrUr2Lb/view?usp=drivesdk

NikhilJpr
802.11n
Views: 179
Message 7 of 15

@Agent_Swaraj 

Pls get this sorted on priority.

Do not disappear.

SachaLord
Fanfold Paper
Views: 176
Message 8 of 15

Yes I have provided the bug record in Drive. Many users report battery draining in the forum. All Moto M battery is suddenly faulty. Concidence? I think not. I think the new Android update read wrong battery data. As you can see from the chart, after phone forcefully shut down, I can keep turning it on and it still stuck at 1% for quiet a long time. This means battery is not draining, it is still there. Android just cannot see it and immidiately drop it from 50% to 1%. I would guess battery driver faulty in Android OS. I hope Motorola release firmware update.

NikhilJpr
802.11n
Views: 167
Message 9 of 15

Hi Sachalord,

Email the screenshots, bug report and your observations to apsocial@motorola.com

You will get a better response there.

Here i.e on the forum, the moto agents just disappear after asking for bug reports.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 155
Message 10 of 15

Hi SachaLord,

We thank you for sharing us the Bug Report and additional information, we have shared your report with our engineer team for further investigation. 

We also want you to observe your device Battery performance under Safe Mode for about 12 -24 hours and let us know the difference? Please post a screenshot of Battery details once tested.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors