Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 578
Message 131 of 138

Re: Battery not charging in Moto M

@DiveshSisodia wrote:
Nope it doesn't work

Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://support.motorola.com/in/en/solution/MS115701

After the reset, do not install your third-party apps all at once. Test the phone first with only the pre-installed apps on the phone. Then, install your third-party apps one at a time while continuing to observe if the issue will resurface.

If you already did a factory data reset and tested the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair is next step.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

vinicamargo99
What's DOS?
Views: 558
Message 132 of 138

Battery not charging in Moto M

Estou com o mesmo problema, meu moto m estava funcionando normalmente até se desligar eu não conseguir ligá-lo novamente e não está carregando também

Sun_Jay
What's DOS?
Views: 534
Message 133 of 138

Moto M XT1663 Battery not charging

Hi Moto Support,

Whats happening here? most of the users are asking about moto m battery  problem. support are answering do this step, do this step.

Why this problem is not fixed? release update as early as possbile otherwise we will have to take an action against motorola phone in india. if you don't hv solution then why you people release motorola product in india. We can stop selling your product in india. fix problem as soon as possible. after 3 hours of charging only 5% charged mobile. i  visited service center they wr also saying its charging but its taking too long time for charging. release update as early as possible other wise close your production stupid nonsense chinese company.

DonMY
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 134 of 138

@MotorolaJess wrote:

Hi neerajas95,

Try to recalibrate the battery.

To calibrate the battery Hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > to see if that will charge. Once it is charging, try to charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour and see if that would have the same thing new.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Same I left it ocharged overnight , nothing improve ... it remain as blank screen 

Waka_jbr
Paper Tape
Views: 255
Message 135 of 138

I purchased a Moto m in 2017 and exactly after 1 year and 1 month, (Warranty ended after 1 year, so no warranty by the time it broke down) one night suddenly it stopped charging. The battery was low at 6% and when it didn't get any charge it turned off and has been dead eversince. I took it to one of the Service Centres at Ahmedabad and they said it was a motherboard issue. They quoted 11,000 which was definitely unacceptable. However I believe it's a bogus statement. I feel like the motherboard is fine. My beautiful device is dead and sitting inside my cupboard for 1 year and is absolutely useless. People have advised to check the charging dock but I haven no idea how to. I once took the device apart and found out that even if I tried to charge the battery by any external source, it has this weird connection point. The only way I see this is that the battery is drained. If I charge it, it can atleast turn-on for troubleshooting because it was working before the device died, it can't be a motherboard issue. Anyone who can help! Desperate need.

ChandraTBS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 231
Message 136 of 138

Hai,

When my moto M become Nougat 7.0, its 100%, after downgrading to Marshmallow 6.0 my battery become 68%, now i know why battery become issues...

So gais, ... downgrading your moto M XT1663 to Marshmallow, moto M its for Marshmallow, not Nougat.

Regards,

Chandra W

Cris2every1
What's DOS?
Views: 213
Message 137 of 138

At first I tried many chargers with different qualities. Many sellers told me that my phone needs to go to service center. I started to believe that there is something wrong with my phone. Then I went to a service center and they tried to charge my phone using their original chargers. It worked. But when we tried to charge using any new non original chargers, none worked well. The phone stopped charging if it moved, some even didn't charge at all. I just bought original charger, although it costed 10 times than the cheap ones, it's worth it.

Highlighted
ChandraTBS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 111
Message 138 of 138

so Hi, After One Year using Moto M, i replace the Original Battery to "Original" Battery, i Bought it about 12,8$ and charging it when the phone are turned Off. after replacing... the battery juice are sooooooooooooooooooooo Goood...... and had a lot of time life, but there are differences wight the original battery with the "Original" battery.,

orifake.jpg

New Batteries fake Original

original.jpg

Old Batteries Original

so i think replacing your old batteries are the solutions of your drain batteries. for note, im doing my self replacing the batteries looking in youtube how to disambly your Moto M all risk are yours...

Regards,

Chandra W