Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agupta02
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,388
Message 1 of 10

Moto M Software issue

My phone is having unexplained software issues. First the front camera stopped working all of a sudden and everytime I treid to open the fornt camera the camera app crashed. AFter a while the back camera also stopped working. I did a factory reset and now even the system UI is not working properly. Please help.

Former Employee
Views: 1,367
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto M Software issue

@agupta02wrote:

My phone is having unexplained software issues. First the front camera stopped working all of a sudden and everytime I treid to open the fornt camera the camera app crashed. AFter a while the back camera also stopped working. I did a factory reset and now even the system UI is not working properly. Please help.

We are sorry to hear about that, instead of the factory reset you could have simply cleared the app data/cache in settings>> apps this should more likely resolve the camera app crash issues. 

However, could you also share us more information on, how do you define the UI is not working, what are the errors, can you share us few screenshots for us further investigate and understand the issues you are facing. 

Also, could you confirm >>how did you perform the FDR--- was it with or without restoring any apps?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
agupta02
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,352
Message 3 of 10

Hi Swaraj,

Thank you for your response.

The UI issue has been fixed after a second factory reset which I did from the fastboot menu. FDR was with restore apps.

The main issue now is the camera which keeps crashing randomly. While the back camera works after I force stop the app and clear the cache I am not able to access the front camera at all neither from the camera app nor from whatsapp,fb etc. In fact I even downloaded a third party camera app which is also not able to access the front camera. I am also not able to access the front camera in the safe mode. I am also not able to do any video calls as the camera app hangs and crahses whatapp. I am also not able to see any video from the other side.

Motorola Privacy is turned on and you can surely look at my apps if it helps. I have updated the profile as requested. I am also attaching a screenshot of the message I get when I try to switch to the front camera from the camera app.

Thanks for your help on this.

Regards

Amit

agupta02
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,277
Message 4 of 10

Hello Swaraj,

I did another factory reset this time without the restore option. The back camera has started working normally but the front camera is still not connecting and is giving the error message "Kindly Remind: Can't connect to the camera." I am attaching the screenshot for your reference. Please assist.

Thanks

Amit

Siddhartha71
Paper Tape
Views: 702
Message 5 of 10

Since last few days I am seeing this pop up randomly every 2 3 minutes repeatedly. I have tried to run phone in safe mode and weed out the app which is causing it but nothing helped. Please help.

Former Employee
Views: 689
Message 6 of 10

@Siddhartha71 wrote:

Since last few days I am seeing this pop up randomly every 2 3 minutes repeatedly. I have tried to run phone in safe mode and weed out the app which is causing it but nothing helped. Please help.

Hi Siddhartha71,

Thank you for posting here, this is odd. What happens when you are in safe mode? Does it stop the pop-up? Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943 

If you have already removed the app and still receiving the pop-up, please perform clear cache on your device and observe. Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto support

Salazar7191
What's DOS?
Views: 686
Message 7 of 10

Surely you can look into my profile , how to enable the privacy ? In safe mode pop up didn't appear though.

Siddhartha71
Paper Tape
Views: 677
Message 8 of 10

The following message pops up when I open the link you have sent

" An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url. "
Siddhartha71
Paper Tape
Views: 658
Message 9 of 10

Hey Swaraj , 

Pls help me on this above pop up problem & tell me how to enable the privacy option.

Former Employee
Views: 605
Message 10 of 10

@Siddhartha71 wrote:

Hey Swaraj , 

Pls help me on this above pop up problem & tell me how to enable the privacy option.

Sorry about the long delay, let me share you the link again to update your profile with IMEI - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

To enable Moto Privacy - locate Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy > Enable.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More