Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 350
Message 1 of 2

Moto M Touchscreen unresponsive and how to recover data without USB Debugging

Hi, I have an issue with Moto M which recently got wet. Now the touchscreen is unresponsive and on lock screen (swipe to unlock). I have try to search on the net on ways to recover all my data inside the phone (especially images). As I remember, my phone is not set for USB debugging, thus the propose way to connect the phone to a laptop and browse through windows explorer did not really work. Though upon connection to a laptop, the image property / program will execute on the laptop, but it will close immediately. Only device model number XT1663 is shown in windows explorer. any suggestion is most wellcome to recover all the data within the internal memory of the phone.

p/s:

1. making a call to the phone is a fail attempt as the line is not connected.

2. touchscreen is flickering continously and all apps open / run and shutdown by itself.

thanks

adi

Highlighted
Joann7120
What's DOS?
Views: 220
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto M Touchscreen unresponsive and how to recover data without USB Debugging

@Masz wrote:

Hi, I have an issue with Moto M which recently got wet. Now the touchscreen is unresponsive and on lock screen (swipe to unlock). I have try to search on the net on ways to recover all my data inside the phone (especially images). As I remember, my phone is not set for USB debugging, thus the propose way to connect the phone to a laptop and browse through windows explorer did not really work. Though TalktoWendys upon connection to a laptop, the image property / program will execute on the laptop, but it will close immediately. Only device model number XT1663 is shown in windows explorer. any suggestion is most wellcome to recover all the data within the internal memory of the phone.

p/s:

1. making a call to the phone is a fail attempt as the line is not connected.

2. touchscreen is flickering continously and all apps open / run and shutdown by itself.

thanks

adi

Most if not all Android phones will connect via USB cable to a computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) as a mass storage device or media device; either should let you use your computer's file manager to copy the files from the device to the computer's storage.

The device needs to be powered up to do this, but you don't (in my experience) need to make any settings changes in the device, so it shouldn't matter that the display is destroyed -- that is, if it works well enough to ring, you should be able to access and copy your files.

If the device won't mount as mass storage or media on a USB cable, you may still be able to recover files if they're stored on an SD card -- you'll just need to power down the phone and pull the SD card, then insert it in a compatible reader connected to your computer.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More