Did you mean: 
Highlighted
desamit
Paper Tape
Views: 9,514
Message 1 of 19

Moto M battery draining from 15% to 0% in 10 secs

Hi,

Recently, my Moto M phone is turning dead in 10 seconds as soon as it reaches 15%. I get a message saying low batter with 15%, and in few seconds it becomes 10%, in 3-4 seconds it becomes 5% and turning off. Not sure what is causing this error. It happenes even if I do not use the phone once it reaches 15%. 

I see many battery issues posted here - but I see only best practices as solutions. Please suggest a solution for this issue. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,038
Message 2 of 19

Re: Moto M battery draining from 15% to 0% in 10 secs

@desamitwrote:

Hi,

Recently, my Moto M phone is turning dead in 10 seconds as soon as it reaches 15%. I get a message saying low batter with 15%, and in few seconds it becomes 10%, in 3-4 seconds it becomes 5% and turning off. Not sure what is causing this error. It happenes even if I do not use the phone once it reaches 15%. 

I see many battery issues posted here - but I see only best practices as solutions. Please suggest a solution for this issue. 

We are sorry to hear about that, a lot of factors depends on this- usually, if your phone is running a lot of background application or connected to data connection/wifi/weak network etc..

To prevent this, you can perform clear cache, remove any third party/background running application that is not much of use. To check you can also put your device in safe mode (To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up) let us know if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Mks891993
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,718
Message 3 of 19

This is not the problem of any single but almost every one worse phone and service of Moto m
rkgoyal
Punch Card
Views: 8,716
Message 4 of 19

Yes ...every day ...goes like multiple  problems ..

Mks891993
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,713
Message 5 of 19

You  think we have not tried  this thinks ! Don't blame us for the problem rather think of giving new update an Android 7.1.1 update can do it all.

Avinash447
What's DOS?
Views: 6,759
Message 6 of 19

Re: Moto M battery draining from 20% to 0% in 10 secs

Shaily375
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,486
Message 7 of 19

It shows that battery is loosing it's health, before you loose the good status of battery as my case is, you will not find battery for MOTO M and they are organised or made available to you only if you give the cell phone in the custody of service centre until battery is manufactured/resourced which could take months. And as I understand that the life cycle of battery is not more then 18 months even for normal and decent use, Moreover it could be clearly made out that Motorola wants customers to dispose off their cellphones once warranty is over, which is strange as this will stop customers who opt for mediocur to high end phones from motorola. Now Motorola seems to be part of lenovo and Motorola phones are treated as StepChilds to wipe of the brand name !! But seriously even this is the strategy customers who opt for Motorola should always check with lenovo about the life cycle of the product, availability of spares and then forecast of the sustainable support in writing or else should not opt for such phones ! In Case of Moto M I was first for ed to prepare the job sheet without letting me know the time required to make such batteries available, secondly when a tight follow up was done the ETA which is expected time of arrival of battery was tentatively forecasted minimum 1 month to 1.5 months, Andi feel Motorola works on products which are alive till the warranty and once warranty is over customer should change the phone, just like Chinese or other substandard phones. Moreover when they claim that they strive hard for customer care executives cannot keep their commitments which later are logically explained by critical and special issues. Now I am in phase of re-evaluating my choice of purchasing the Moto M phone and I hate lenovo for which proactively accept and declare to not to buy any lenovo product in my entire life ! It's the worst customer care I have seen and let me advice lenovo that they should step into fast moving consumer goods business rather then claiming brand name of sophisticated electronic devices they are certainly not competent for this business. For Motorola devices it's no more Motorola and since lenovo and after understanding the money spinning business let me say think four times before opting for Motorola, secondly as they are very tactical in befooling customers , handle them in writing, last is to defend the cheat with legal provisions but at the last think atleast buying before Motorola product.  As battery issues or updated issues are Inflictef on customer as strategical business policy to sell the substandard product with a Brandname when actually they are not worth for the price which customer pays by trusting the brand name. The purpose of casting such mail was intent of organising the aditional battery as a friendly advice and secondly make others to understand what is the outcome of trusting  the Brand name Motorola, which in fact being taken over by lenovo , who certainly don't have customer care aspect of ethical return of the trust value of customer, rather a money spinning game.

it's a notice to Lenovo guys refrain .from rating such post for profanity and objectionable post as it's purchasing the attitude of your customer care and proactively bringing it into the knowledge of the people who are suffering just because they trusted you and choose their life to spend with products you .Display to cheat and deny them.

kajamade
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,466
Message 8 of 19

Please solve this problem soon..We all did...

Factory Reset...

Changed the Orginal Adaptor and Chord..

Checked the Power voltage...

Clean up my charging port in MOTO M...

Safe Mode Charging..

Removed the Battery Drain Apps...

Wiping the Cache...

What eles we can do...Furthermore,Even I did some changes in the Developer option stoping the background Processes,Animation Resolutions and Transition as same as our good old NOKIA phones...Still same issue...Who will solve this problem..

NikhilJpr
802.11n
Views: 6,219
Message 9 of 19

Battery drains like hell just like a stopwatch in reverse direction.

It will reach 1% in no time.

Dhruv76
Paper Tape
Views: 5,594
Message 10 of 19

Same problem exists with me!!!! You're complaining about 15% , my phone gets the battery draining from 50% or more like countdown!!! I request to give a solution