Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abbasi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,929
Message 1 of 9

Moto M update and Youtube Issues

Hey, I have Moto M running Android 6.0; no update has yet been detected. The current system has youtube issues, home page shows no suggested videos and it do not play any video either. Recently, I got stucked to another issue, the main screen has notification showing unfortunately youtube has stopped. I can not uninstall youtube and restarting the device getting not effect on it. Also, I cannot do anything as the notification does not go away by tapping OK or Try to Solve buttons.

Please help me solve the issues.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,908
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto M update and Youtube Issues

@Abbasi wrote:

Hey, I have Moto M running Android 6.0; no update has yet been detected. The current system has youtube issues, home page shows no suggested videos and it do not play any video either. Recently, I got stucked to another issue, the main screen has notification showing unfortunately youtube has stopped. I can not uninstall youtube and restarting the device getting not effect on it. Also, I cannot do anything as the notification does not go away by tapping OK or Try to Solve buttons.

Please help me solve the issues.

Try clearing cache and data for you tube. Or cache clear on phone. 

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Abbasi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,885
Message 3 of 9

I tried everyting the message keeps on poping up and not letting me do anything. I tried to clear cache and data, forced stop the app and even did factory reset. Factory reset did help me solve the problem but for few minutes. The message "Unfortunately, Youtube has stopped" is now annoying me. Now, the wifi also shut it self down on its own. Please help what to do.

Abbasi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,848
Message 4 of 9

I think neither Motorola nor Lenovo is understand about this brand. I am very tired with these issues. Yet, no positive response from anyone. I am forced to sell this phone even on very low prices. So, Pathetic

Moin88
What's DOS?
Views: 1,626
Message 5 of 9

I'm facing the same issue about not detecting update of youtube

More over the google play protect is detecting the youtube and some other app as a spam and telling to disable them.

Abbasi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,624
Message 6 of 9

If you are facing such issues then be cautious whenever any such warning appears go to drop down menu and choose "don't warn me again". And try not disable the app or you will face phone system corruption issue. 

abdulfahad66
What's DOS?
Views: 1,225
Message 7 of 9

Hi Guyz,

I have found the solution of this in kick start manner:

1-Youtube Stop working only occurs when i restart the phone

2-i quickly press on ok and then managed to go in the apps as the ok screen disappears....

3-after reaching the youtube app i enable and disable it and the stopped working attack stops......

4-i have permanently disasbled the builtin youtube app....as becuase the scanning of malware through malware bytes antivirus shows its a virus.....and play store as well......

5-i have installed an alternative of youtube <link removed>

6-i only avoid to restart the phone now to avoid the youtube stopped working mess,,,,

Let me know if anyone have permanent solution to disabled or uninstall the builtin youtube app.....

ApkModOn
What's DOS?
Views: 539
Message 8 of 9

I can not open this site my motorola handset check it please  http://www.apkmodon.com/

Hayley66
What's DOS?
Views: 396
Message 9 of 9

I'm bumping up this question. I hope someone can help.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More