Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jktj
Paper Tape
Views: 82,229
Message 1 of 15

Sim1 getting disabled when enabling data

Hi,

I have a Jio Volte 4g sim in slot 1 and a 3g bsnl sim in slot 2. When data is enabled for sim1 both sim workd fine. But if i enable data for sim 2. Both sim change to 3g, since jio is a 4g only sim, it gets disabled. Is it a known issue? Can someone suggest a way to get over it?

Regards,

jktj

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 81,585
Message 2 of 15

Re: Sim1 getting disabled when enabling data

@jktj wrote:

Hi,

I have a Jio Volte 4g sim in slot 1 and a 3g bsnl sim in slot 2. When data is enabled for sim1 both sim workd fine. But if i enable data for sim 2. Both sim change to 3g, since jio is a 4g only sim, it gets disabled. Is it a known issue? Can someone suggest a way to get over it?

Regards,

jktj

This has been discussed before. This is normal for dual sim phones as only one SIM has an active data connection at a time. Since Jio only uses data (VoLTE is data) it can't work when data is enabled on the other sim. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 81,572
Message 3 of 15

@jktj wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

jktj

Hi jktj,

Not a common issue as there is no such thing as both sim cards' data connection can be activated at the same time. If you enable sim2 for data, the other will be disabled as sim 1 which is Jio only recognize 4G signal.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

jktj
Paper Tape
Views: 81,568
Message 4 of 15

I'm not actually trying to enable both data at same time. I just want to enable data on my second SIM, which has no 4g. By doing this my data on 1st SIM, jio disables, totally fine . But the issue is it deactivated the SIM. I fooled around a little bit and noticed after enabling data on 2nd SIM which is in 3g, somehow 1st SIM also went down to 3g. But my jio SIM only supports 4g. And also there is no option to take it back to 4g. Is this an expected behaviour?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 81,563
Message 5 of 15

@jktj wrote:

I'm not actually trying to enable both data at same time. I just want to enable data on my second SIM, which has no 4g. By doing this my data on 1st SIM, jio disables, totally fine . But the issue is it deactivated the SIM. I fooled around a little bit and noticed after enabling data on 2nd SIM which is in 3g, somehow 1st SIM also went down to 3g. But my jio SIM only supports 4g. And also there is no option to take it back to 4g. Is this an expected behaviour?

If you disable data on Sim2, does Sim1 return to 4G? If not, try resetting network settings (under settings-backup&restore)

With a Jio SIM it use 4G LTE for voice and data - so if you enable data on Sim2, the JIO sim will not work. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Quantumizer
Token Ring
Views: 81,562
Message 6 of 15

Yes,this behavior is expected.
Since Moto M is an LTE enabled phone it supports 4G for the SIM which you use for mobile data only.The other SIM(although it may be a 4G SIM) is set for other functions except data connectivity by default and during this time it can't use 4G.
In simple words the phone supports only one LTE enabled SIM at a time.
Arya
Highlighted
sumit1826
Blue Screen Again
Views: 71,030
Message 7 of 15

hi,

I need a clear explaination of this behaviour.

Let me explain you properly what is the problem.

I have Jio sim which only uses 4G network on sim 2 and sim 1 has different operator. Now i have enabled the data on sim 2 and i can recieve and use internet from sim2, it is fine. 

Now i have disables the data. As data is not enabled in any of the sim i can't use internet but i am able to recieve the call and make call from sim 2(Jio). This is because sim 2 is in 4g network.

Now what i want is to enable data on sim 1(other network) with 3G only or 2G only. but want to keep 4G enabled on sim 2(Jio) I dont want to use data from sim 2.

Let me explain you little more if you didn't get it.

IMPORTANT:

I had a phone before moto g5 plus in which i can use 4g in only one sim and other will be 2g only. and if i switch 4g to second sim first sim will become 2g. In that case when i did switch the data to other sim i was able to use Jio sim having 4g enable for calls only but data is enabled on second sim and i can browse internet from that sim with 2g speed.

IMPORTANT:With that phone i was able to use both sim.

So, i suppose i can use 4g sim without enabling data on it.

IMPORTANT: Now explain me why we can't do it on moto g5 plus.

See below step  if u still didn't get what i am trying to explain above.

steps:

1.sim1 jio, sim2 other

2.enable jio data(4g), sim2(3g)--works fine

3.sim1 jio data disabled(still on 4g),sim2(3g) data disabled on this also--works fine

4.sim1 jio data disables(still on 4g), sim1(3g) data enabled--IMPORTANT:can't do that as i switch data it is enabled for 4g

hope the explaination is clear from my side.

IMPORTANT: I tried to make sure that you get the problem.Please let me know if you have any query.

please explain properly. You can explain the technical problems also. Only i need is a right and complete explaination.

Thanks.

Sumit

sumit1826
Blue Screen Again
Views: 71,025
Message 8 of 15

hi,

first let me explain you the problem.

I have jio sim which uses only 4g in sim 1. and other sim on sim 2. Now data is enabled in the sim 1( Jio) with 4g. I am able to use the sim 1(Jio) for call and internet. Now i disabled the data. Now as data is disabled in both the sim i can't browse internet. But still sim 1(Jio) is connected to 4g network. So i am able to make or recieve call from it. and second sim is still on 3g network. Now i enable the data on sim 2(other) but what i want is 4g enabled(make or recieve call from it) on sim 1(jio) and 3g on sim 2(other) (to browse internet).  but it is not possible because as soon as i switch the data it also switch the 4g network on data enabled sim.(sim 2)

Let me explain you little more

IMPORTANT

I had diffrent company phone before moto g5 plus.

In that i can use 4g on only one sim 2nd will be 2g only.

where i was able to use 2nd sim(other) for internet and  sim1(jio) for calling while data is disabled in sim1(Jio) and enabled in sim2(other)

Let me explain you one more time if you didn't get it.

steps:

1.SIM1 JIO: sim 2 other

2.Sim 1(jio) data enabled (4G): sim 2(other) 3g -- works fine

3.Sim1(jio) data disabled (4G): sim 2(other) 3g data disabled--works fine

4.sim1(jio) data disabled (4G) :sim2(other) 3g data enables-- cannot do that as it switch the 4g to sim2

IMPORTANT:As i was able to use this in my previous phone why not on this?

I have tried to explain it properly. If you have any query please let me know.

Please reply me with the full explaination. Please add technical problems also if required.

Thanks,

Sumit

guptaanshul
Paper Tape
Views: 59,659
Message 9 of 15

even i have the same problem.. anyone found a solution? very well explained. we need answer from moto support team.when i use data from jio using 4g everything works fine but as soon as i change preferred sim for data.. 4g network automatically gets activated on other sim making jio 4g without service. we want other sim to be activated with data on 3g network only and jio to be continuing to work on 4 g network.
guptaanshul
Paper Tape
Views: 59,657
Message 10 of 15

this is not a satisfactory answer. i want to use 3g data on any other sim and 4g network on jio for calling purpose only.. can't do this simple thing.