Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrycja81420
Paper Tape
Views: 762
Message 1 of 9

Hardcore Moto X Force Charging Issue

Hi.

Recently my Moto X force just gone mad. When I plug in original charger(came with the phone)  it won't charge on AC, it's just saying "charging by USB". It is extemly slowy. 24 hours and 80% without using the phone.

Hard reset -  didn't work,

wiping cache -  didn't work.

Anything else: didn't work.

Anyone, anything to help? Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 755
Message 2 of 9

Re: Hardcore Moto X Force Charging Issue

Hello Patrycja81420,

Please use safe mode to see if apps you installed are causing the issue and uninstall as needed. If the phone charges correctly in safe mode, a third-party app is probably causing the issue. To reboot in safe mode, press and hold the Power button. Touch and hold Power Off until you are prompted to start in safe mode. Touch OK. Use your phone and see if the issue has gone away. Remember, you won't be able to use any downloaded apps. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Patrycja81420
Paper Tape
Views: 751
Message 3 of 9

Well, no differences. It still charges in USB mode even though the original charger is plugged in. Smiley Sad
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 748
Message 4 of 9

This sounds a lot like the issue that plagued many Turbo 2 phones.  I had 2 affected.  The only options were either: charge with a wireless charger (until that eventually stopped working also) or get a replacement phone.

~Scott
Patrycja81420
Paper Tape
Views: 745
Message 5 of 9

Well, thanks Smiley Happy do you mean any special model or something?
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 743
Message 6 of 9

I have no idea what Moto would offer you if you requested a replacement on that model phone?  They may still have refurbs in stock, I'm not sure.  Back when this was happening to the Turbo 2 quite often most of us were still in warranty, so we received a replacement under warranty.

~Scott
Amadon
What's DOS?
Views: 702
Message 7 of 9

Hi I own an x-force and kept having problems with the AC charger telling me I wasn't using the original charger and that it was charging slowly or it wouldn't charge at all.

So I cracked open the AC block that the USB plugs into.  Turns out it's a stupid design flaw by Motorola.  The two prongs that plug into an outlet are not soldered directly to the board in the adapter.  They simply pinch between some contacts.

Really dumb design.  Probably designed that way on purpose so you will buy another charger.

Anyway I fixed it by soldering the plug prong to the pinch contacts and putting the case back on.

Works like a champ.  No more issues.

Get your act together Motorola.

Patrycja81420
Paper Tape
Views: 689
Message 8 of 9

OMG, you gave me hope!
So taking my charger to service may help, right?
Patrycja81420
Paper Tape
Views: 689
Message 9 of 9

oh wait, I forgot... My dad has the same model as I and he has no problems. I still have issues even if I use his charger....

Top Kudoed Authors