Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa521
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 1 of 3

Lightning icon displaying but Mot X Force not charging

My phone is plugged in with a working Motorola charger - I've checked it on a Moto G phone. The lightning icon appears but when I check the battery status is says "Not Charging." The charge drains rapidly and it turns itself off. I have tried pressing down volume and power. I get a picture of a spaceship and below this, it says "battery ok (charging)" in green. 

I tried leaving it in fastboot overnight but it only reached 8% and when I turned it on again, it refused to charge. I'm not sure whether to  restart in "Start" or "Recovery Mode." Also, should I take the charger out when booting it up? 

Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 336
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lightning icon displaying but Mot X Force not charging

Hi.

Since you have verified the charger. Could you double check the cable as well? Maybe even try a different cable, if you have one.

Booting the phone while charging shouldn't have an effect on it.

You could try to hold down the power button, when the phone is on, till it reboots. That might help. 

I don't think there is anything in recovery mode that would help you.

You could alway try a different charger, even though it works on the Moto G.

Lisa521
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lightning icon displaying but Mot X Force not charging

Thanks for your reply. I've tried four different cables - two hardwired into the plug adaptor and two where they are separate. I've plugged the cables into the mains and my PC. We have several Motorola phones and the cables are fine.

The only thing that seems to work a little is putting it into fastboot whilst plugged into the mains, then turning it off whilst leaving it plugged in.  If I briefly touch the power button it shows a white screen followed by a black screen saying TurboPower at the bottom with the percentage of power left in the centre of an incomplete circle. Sometimes it will go up to about 8% but then drop rapidly. 

When I started writing this reply, it was at 8%, now it's on 0% and it's not even on, which gives you an idea of how fast it is losing power.

It's just out of guarantee so not very old at all. Does anyone know if it's saveable? 

Top Kudoed Authors