Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MShiz
What's DOS?
Views: 185
Message 1 of 2

Loose/Damaged USB Charging Port

I have had a Moto X Force for two years. Increasingly, some chargers aren't working - I have to hold the phone in specific angles for it to charge. This has been getting worse - and now some chargers don't work at all. These chargers work on other micro USB devices (such as my kindle), however.

Conversely, other chargers (not the Motorola turbo charger, but other micro usb chargers i've found) work fine.

I was wondering if the above reflects a faulty charging port? I was thinking of ordering one online (if you can direct me to one, that'd be great!), and giving it to a local repair shop to fix. However, I just wanted to confirm that this is the most likely problem before I proceed with this plan.

Thank you for your help!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 179
Message 2 of 2

Re: Loose/Damaged USB Charging Port

If I remember correctly the Moto X Force was very similar to the Droid Turbo 2.  All three of our Turbo 2's had the same issue after 1 - 2 years and I am pretty sure it was a faulty charging port.  Like you said....we had to hold the charger in just a certain position for it to charge.  And the cable wiggled very loosely in the charging port.  

I have never seen those for sale though, so I'm not sure where to buy just a charging port.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors