Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rounder
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,312
Message 11 of 16

Re: MOTO X FORCE ,4G ONLY WORKS,2G/3G NOT WORKING

This fixed my Moto Z issues after update to 7.1.1. , 3 G and voice calls are available again Smiley Happy

Basicelly for mac follow the steps bellow.

MAC

Download platform-tools (  https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html )

Unzipp platform-tools

Remove sim

Enable USB debbuging on phone

Connect phone via USB

Authorize computer

Open terminal (mac)

Change directory to downloaded platform-tools (example-  cd Downloads/platform-tools )

Use following commands:

./adb reboot bootloader

./fastboot erase modemst1

./fastboot erase modemst2

./fastboot erase cache

./fastboot reboot

Put the sim back in...

Voila , your 3 G problem or band USA only is fixed

d1g
What's DOS?
Views: 632
Message 12 of 16

is there any other way, which is not using fastboot?

i came here from googling my gpro2 issue.

exactly the same with this thread topic.

i got 4G signals and data conection.

but no 2G/3G for phone call. which means, i cant do a call out or being call by anyone.

the solution given here was interest me. but my gpro2 has no fastboot mode. every time i did reboot to bootloader, it just restart.

even though, if my gpro2 on normal position, and i run "adb devices" i get something from there. which means, my device is connected, and adb can read it.

but if i do "fastboot devices". it didnt result anything.

so i think this fastboot thing wouldn't do anything to my device.

thats why i asked, any other way without using fastboot command?

any suggestion would be so much appreciated, after all this stress out.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 628
Message 13 of 16

@d1g wrote:

is there any other way, which is not using fastboot?

i came here from googling my gpro2 issue.

exactly the same with this thread topic.

i got 4G signals and data conection.

but no 2G/3G for phone call. which means, i cant do a call out or being call by anyone.

the solution given here was interest me. but my gpro2 has no fastboot mode. every time i did reboot to bootloader, it just restart.

even though, if my gpro2 on normal position, and i run "adb devices" i get something from there. which means, my device is connected, and adb can read it.

but if i do "fastboot devices". it didnt result anything.

so i think this fastboot thing wouldn't do anything to my device.

thats why i asked, any other way without using fastboot command?

any suggestion would be so much appreciated, after all this stress out.

are you talking about an LG G Pro 2? Different manufacturers and signal issues are different. 

As for fastboot, it uses different drivers then adb. You also need to be in booloader mode on your phone in order for fastboot devices to work. 

Other then that, not much we can offer for an LG phone on this forum. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
d1g
What's DOS?
Views: 624
Message 14 of 16

hi. thx for your fast reply.

yes it is LG G Pro 2 i'm talking about.

i understand all in this thread. which the main thing is "You also need to be in booloader mode .." i already mention before..it seems that my device has a bootloader locked, or else. 'cause when i run "adb reboot bootloader" it just restart device.

so thats why i'm asking, any other way beside fastboot?

thanks once again, for your kind reply and time.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 616
Message 15 of 16

@d1g wrote:

hi. thx for your fast reply.

yes it is LG G Pro 2 i'm talking about.

i understand all in this thread. which the main thing is "You also need to be in booloader mode .." i already mention before..it seems that my device has a bootloader locked, or else. 'cause when i run "adb reboot bootloader" it just restart device.

so thats why i'm asking, any other way beside fastboot?

thanks once again, for your kind reply and time.

This is an odd problem, and other then the fix for the few users above, I have no idea if the same is the issue on your phone or not. The only LG phone i had was the Nexus 5x - but i am surprised there is no way to get into bootloader mode on other LG phones. What do the LG Forums say?

I don't think "any other way" we could even guess at would work as the basic ADB commands of rebooting into bootloader mode don't work. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
d1g
What's DOS?
Views: 597
Message 16 of 16

gpro2 forum on xda is abandoned.

most of the user are inactive right now.

on my desperate mind yesterday, i've went to LG Customer Service, hoping they will flash a "bootloader fix" or anything to fix the issue.

but what they did, was so much surprising me....just like giving a small kid a job to flash a cellphone.... they made my gpro2 BOOTLOOP. lol

**bleep**,.... they've warned me before about the bootloop might happen, but i've made my decision.

now,... this gpro2 cant enter download mode, no recovery mode, only Factory reset mode, which i' tried to connect it to pc on that state, and only detected as "unknown device (device descriptor failed)".

Top Kudoed Authors