Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Message 1 of 2 (350 Views)

MOTO X FORCE (KINZIE) HEATING ISSUE!

Moto X Force packs the same hardware as NEXUS 6P Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8994 3GB of ram Storage etc..

then why this phone heats up so much as compared to Nexus 6P.Both running Android N (7.1.2 in 6P) but as soon as i pick up my phone it starts getting hotter which makes very uncomfortable to hold in hands even the screen gets hot!

Im not playing any games or whatever not even using my phone during charging.

During Turbo Charging it reaches upto 50*C easily!

The more phone heats the faster its battrey drain!!

Is this some kind of HARDWARE ISSUE OR BATTREY Problem?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 2 (329 Views)

Re: MOTO X FORCE (KINZIE) HEATING ISSUE!

gyarados025 wrote:

Moto X Force packs the same hardware as NEXUS 6P Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8994 3GB of ram Storage etc..

then why this phone heats up so much as compared to Nexus 6P.Both running Android N (7.1.2 in 6P) but as soon as i pick up my phone it starts getting hotter which makes very uncomfortable to hold in hands even the screen gets hot!

Im not playing any games or whatever not even using my phone during charging.

During Turbo Charging it reaches upto 50*C easily!

The more phone heats the faster its battrey drain!!

Is this some kind of HARDWARE ISSUE OR BATTREY Problem?

It sounds like you have some apps running and draining the battery. Have you tested in safe mode? Cache clear? Tried a reset?

I doubt your problem is hardware or battery - a reset will confirm that. But heat means something is running, not that there is a defect unless the phone gets so hot it shuts down. It could also be a weak signal as a major contributor.

Electricity ccreates heat. Charging and battery drain (phone is powered on) use elecricity. Screen, cpu, apps, wifi, bt, cell radios, all use electricity.

See this post for more information https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/Keep-Cool/ba-p/3502758

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top kudoed Authors