Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

Moto X Force 32 GB Black - SIM card tray/ holder broken

This is a shout out to all , a plea to anyone who can help :

The product - Moto X Force 32 GB
Black, that I received came with the SIM card tray holder broken. The small upper covering of the tray holder had come off, the small part with the tiny hole in it where the pin is inserted, that is exposed on the main phone body when the tray is inserted. I purchased this phone on the 20th of June 2017. I took it
to the authorized (as per the Motorola website) local service centre in New Delhi on the 3rd of July 2017 - M/s Service & Communication Solutions, located in Kotla Mubarakpur, New Delhi. There I was told it was a  "cosmetic" issue & that I would have to pay Rupees 2420/- for that small plastic product to have it replaced. They said I would have to pay that  amount & then they would replace it. When I expressed my shock & disbelief they laughed at me. The phone is under warranty & I feel that the amount quoted to me is extortion & blackmail. Why are customers punished for purchasing Moto products & trusting the brand. I have been using a Moto X 1st gen since 2014. This incident has really shaken my trust in the company
& the service provided. Because of this I am still unable to use my phone.
Please look into the matter at the earliest, this is a sincere request if any person responsible for Moto service in India is reading this.

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: Moto X Force 32 GB Black - SIM card tray/ holder broken

MotoX3005 wrote:

This is a shout out to all , a plea to anyone who can help :

The product - Moto X Force 32 GB
Black, that I received came with the SIM card tray holder broken. The small upper covering of the tray holder had come off, the small part with the tiny hole in it where the pin is inserted, that is exposed on the main phone body when the tray is inserted. I purchased this phone on the 20th of June 2017. I took it
to the authorized (as per the Motorola website) local service centre in New Delhi on the 3rd of July 2017 - M/s Service & Communication Solutions, located in Kotla Mubarakpur, New Delhi. There I was told it was a  "cosmetic" issue & that I would have to pay Rupees 2420/- for that small plastic product to have it replaced. They said I would have to pay that  amount & then they would replace it. When I expressed my shock & disbelief they laughed at me. The phone is under warranty & I feel that the amount quoted to me is extortion & blackmail. Why are customers punished for purchasing Moto products & trusting the brand. I have been using a Moto X 1st gen since 2014. This incident has really shaken my trust in the company
& the service provided. Because of this I am still unable to use my phone.
Please look into the matter at the earliest, this is a sincere request if any person responsible for Moto service in India is reading this.

Hi MotoX3005,

It has always been expressly stated in the Motorola Warranty Statement that cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, and cracks to the products, is not covered under warranty. You can check this information here.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: Moto X Force 32 GB Black - SIM card tray/ holder broken

You can probably buy a sim tray from AliExpress for like 300rs, if the sim tray was broken when the device is delivered you should've replaced the phone.

Top kudoed Authors