Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diego012
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,577
Message 1 of 6

Moto X Force Nougat update

Hi everybody. I'm wondering whether it's safe to update a Moto X Force to Android 7. There are many posts here and there reporting many problems after updating to Nougat, from unable to boot the phone to battery drain and performance drop.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,504
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto X Force Nougat update

Hi Diego012

We strongly recommend updating your device to its latest version. Updating your device may improve performance and add more features which are not present in previous versions, bug fixes and a lot more. In case you would decide not to update your software, sooner or later it will automatically update your device.

Battery drain is common after updating your phone to the latest update as it requires more battery to successfully complete its update. It may take a few charging cycles before the battery settles after an update. We suggest customers observe their phone for days about this behavior and recommend doing clear cache partition and see if there will be some improvement.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

tarun001
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,409
Message 3 of 6

It's better that you stay on Marshmallow. Nougat has been a nightmare since I updated. And it's not few users but most of them facing many issues with it. And battery drain is like anything, tried every possible way resetting, cleaning cache, safe mode and what not but nothing helps. I seriously feel is it really 3700+ mAh. It falls by more than 10% in like 30mins of use on cellular or WiFi usage that too for basic usage like WhatsApp or any social media app. Don't even think of playing games, you'll end up with device getting too heated, laggy and lot's of battery drain. I dunno what they did with Nougat but eventually the device is going to die. And if ever you face any issue you'll get the advice asking you to perform either of the following: Soft/hard reset, safe mode, clearing cache. But believe me nothing works. Hard reset will improve the device for few days as you don't have all the apps and stuff and eventually it would get laggy and lots of battery drainage. I feel like **bleep** for choosing this high end flagships over the others. Like seriously even the mid range smartphones are out performing this. Deeply disappointed with this MOTO.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,383
Message 4 of 6

@tarun001wrote:

It's better that you stay on Marshmallow. Nougat has been a nightmare since I updated. And it's not few users but most of them facing many issues with it. And battery drain is like anything, tried every possible way resetting, cleaning cache, safe mode and what not but nothing helps. I seriously feel is it really 3700+ mAh. It falls by more than 10% in like 30mins of use on cellular or WiFi usage that too for basic usage like WhatsApp or any social media app. Don't even think of playing games, you'll end up with device getting too heated, laggy and lot's of battery drain. I dunno what they did with Nougat but eventually the device is going to die. And if ever you face any issue you'll get the advice asking you to perform either of the following: Soft/hard reset, safe mode, clearing cache. But believe me nothing works. Hard reset will improve the device for few days as you don't have all the apps and stuff and eventually it would get laggy and lots of battery drainage. I feel like **bleep** for choosing this high end flagships over the others. Like seriously even the mid range smartphones are out performing this. Deeply disappointed with this MOTO.

We understand that it really can be disappointing but let me help. 

Well, actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

But can you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled under Settings. Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? Click on this link. -  Ella

Diego012
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,373
Message 5 of 6

hi @tarun001. Pior to seeing your post I issued a security upgrade to the phone via OTA. Unfortunately the phone was unable to boot after that, indeed it doesn't power on when the power button is pressed.

Sylvesterdass
Serial Port
Views: 845
Message 6 of 6

I haven't reecrece the update yet. It says your device is up to date!! But my ciusic bought this phone 6 months ago and he received nougat 3 months ago. I bought this is 2015. I just don't understand!! Can I please get a response on this issue!!

Top Kudoed Authors