Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

Moto X Force XT1580 HotSpot grayed out after recent security updates. Frustrated with Moto support

The hotspot feature on my UK model XT1580 Moto X Force on the AT&T network stopped working and became greyed-out after the recent security update. It had worked when first updated to Nougat, but the July or August security update greyed out that feature. AT&T claims everything on their end is in order, and even temporarily moved my line to another plan to force reprovisioning.   

Moto support has been terrible, with the US saying contact the UK and the UK saying the phone needs to be repaired. I'm certain it's in the software update and not the phone because I have two X Force's and they both stopped working for the hotspot.

Neither US or UK Moto is willing to report this issue to their developers or investigate further. I've already factory reset the phone and cleared the cache. 

Is there a way I can roll-back the updates?  If not, can I root the phone and enable the hotspot?   

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)

Re: Moto X Force XT1580 HotSpot grayed out after recent security updates. Frustrated with Moto suppo

DeafPianoTuner wrote:

The hotspot feature on my UK model XT1580 Moto X Force on the AT&T network stopped working and became greyed-out after the recent security update. It had worked when first updated to Nougat, but the July or August security update greyed out that feature. AT&T claims everything on their end is in order, and even temporarily moved my line to another plan to force reprovisioning.   

Moto support has been terrible, with the US saying contact the UK and the UK saying the phone needs to be repaired. I'm certain it's in the software update and not the phone because I have two X Force's and they both stopped working for the hotspot.

Neither US or UK Moto is willing to report this issue to their developers or investigate further. I've already factory reset the phone and cleared the cache. 

Is there a way I can roll-back the updates?  If not, can I root the phone and enable the hotspot?   

You can't uninstall or rollback updates. As this is a uk phone, support is in the uk. There is no usa equivalent gsm phone. 

If uk users are experiencing the same, then maybe it is software. If they are ok, then it is likely a compatibility issue with usa carriers. 

We cant discuss rooting on these forums. You will have to ask on other forums that cater to modding.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top kudoed Authors