Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Vinicius
Paper Tape
Views: 1,188
Message 1 of 6

Moto X Force stops charging

Hello guys.

I have a problem with my Moto X Force XT1580. When I try to charge my battery, it just stops all of the sudden.

Stops under 10%, then I remove the charger  and insert it again, then stops again at around 40% and suddently jumps to 100% in less than 10 minutes.

I cant let it charge during night anymore and my battery runs out way faster, like, at 12:00 I dont have battery anymore.

This problem started from one day to another... I woke up, it was fine, when I came back home, booom, battery problem.

Its a battery calibration problem or a battery problem? Should I send it to change it? (Ironically my warrancy ended 2 weeks ago haha but I am not suggesting a conspiracy theory)

Can somebody help me? Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,155
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto X Force stops charging

@-Vinicius wrote:

Hello guys.

I have a problem with my Moto X Force XT1580. When I try to charge my battery, it just stops all of the sudden.

Stops under 10%, then I remove the charger  and insert it again, then stops again at around 40% and suddently jumps to 100% in less than 10 minutes.

I cant let it charge during night anymore and my battery runs out way faster, like, at 12:00 I dont have battery anymore.

This problem started from one day to another... I woke up, it was fine, when I came back home, booom, battery problem.

Its a battery calibration problem or a battery problem? Should I send it to change it? (Ironically my warrancy ended 2 weeks ago haha but I am not suggesting a conspiracy theory)

Can somebody help me? Thanks

Hi -Vinicius

May I ask, what happened before this issue start? Have you tried using a different charger? You can calibrate your device. To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

ankur_signin
Paper Tape
Views: 294
Message 3 of 6

how do i know of my moto x force battery code to order myself a new battery  for moto x force

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 287
Message 4 of 6

@ankur_signin wrote:

how do i know of my moto x force battery code to order myself a new battery  for moto x force

Not sure I understand the question...

ankur_signin
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 5 of 6

from where do i get my battery info to order myself a new battery for my moto x force
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 263
Message 6 of 6

Hi ankur_signin,

I understand that you would like to order a new battery for your phone. Moto X Force has a non-removable battery, so the device is needed to be sent for repair to have it replaced. Are you experiencing some concerns regarding the battery of your phone? Can you give us more details about it?

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors