cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R2D22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 228
Message 1 of 2

Moto x force Dialer (phone app) has muted microphone can't unmute moto x force hardware test is ok

Hi, the dialer/stock phone app on my Moto x force is muting the microphone when I try to take or make calls. I can see the icon for the microphone in the app has a lineline thr it but when I press that to unmute it it will not switch on the microphone..I have done a hardware test to check the mic is working and it is fine, it also works fine in Google talk etc.

Does anyone know how to fix this without doing a full factory reset as I would like to avoid having to reinstall everything and am not on wifi right now.

Also if I do a factory reset would that delete the photos I have on a micro SD card in my phone,? I don't have the wee key to revive the card as I'm away from home.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 222
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto x force Dialer (phone app) has muted microphone can't unmute moto x force hardware test is

@R2D22 wrote:

Hi, the dialer/stock phone app on my Moto x force is muting the microphone when I try to take or make calls. I can see the icon for the microphone in the app has a lineline thr it but when I press that to unmute it it will not switch on the microphone..I have done a hardware test to check the mic is working and it is fine, it also works fine in Google talk etc.

Does anyone know how to fix this without doing a full factory reset as I would like to avoid having to reinstall everything and am not on wifi right now.

Also if I do a factory reset would that delete the photos I have on a micro SD card in my phone,? I don't have the wee key to revive the card as I'm away from home.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I am not sure what a wee key is, but if your sd card is formatted as internal/adopted then you will lose all data on it if you reset - the card will be inaccessible. If your card is formatted as external or portable, it will be fine, but you can always pull it out prior to reseting the phone. 

Have you tried safe mode yet to see if some application is the culprit before doing a reset? It won't tell you which app, but it can tell you to maybe try uninstalling something related. 

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors