Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ludtke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,697
Message 1 of 13

Oreo on Moto X Force - XT1580

Motorola will not update Moto X Force for the new Android Oreo (8).

You bought an expensive gadget and has no updates guarantee.

Eu epero que a Motorola/Lenovo reveja seus conceitos.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 19,527
Message 2 of 13

Re: Oreo on Moto X Force - XT1580

@Ludtke wrote:

Motorola will not update Moto X Force for the new Android Oreo (8).

You bought an expensive gadget and has no updates guarantee.

Eu epero que a Motorola/Lenovo reveja seus conceitos.

Hi Ludtke,

Motorola will evaluate the latest Android release and determine which products will be upgraded. Please watch the Motorola blog and the Motorola Software Upgrade News page for updates.

Blog is here: http://blog.motorola.com/
News page is here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/country-selector/software-upgrade

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

NTwoOo
Token Ring
Views: 19,317
Message 3 of 13

The phone was released 2 years ago and had an update a couple of months ago. It has been upgraded from 5.1.1-7.0  Can you tell me which android vendor other than the Google Nexus /pixel has a better update policy? This is par for the course in android world.

I do expect some security updates still 

indianboy21
Blue Screen Again
Views: 19,229
Message 4 of 13

Is moto xforce compatible with android 8 oreo

Can i update my moto x force indian edition to latest android 8(oreo)

cdosacramento
Paper Tape
Views: 17,350
Message 5 of 13

Unfortunately, after Motorola switched from Google to Lenovo, a practice of upgrading installed handsets dropped dramatically.
I was in agreement with the Android Jilly Bean (4.3), went to Kitkat (4.4.4) and finished in Lollipop (5.0). Total of three updates.
But now Lenovo says that we users need only two updates per device.
RAD666
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,030
Message 6 of 13

So, Lenovo has quite a few things to explain to their community of device owners and fans.

As a big fan since (ex)Motorola started developing the "Nexus" family (and the lots of engineering positive evolution they inherited from this experience), I always pointed out as a HUGE compete advantage, the "taste" of its engineers for almost 100% Vanilla ROMs, and the fastest new-version-shipping proccess of any Android vendor, except by the Nexus/Pixel series (as one should expects, no other phone should get Android ROMs earlier than Google gadgets, obviously).

But, right now, we have this very very strange situation, where Samsung will get their older S6/S6+/S6 edge(released March, 2015) to Android Oreo, and the once Flagship Moto X Force won't (released Nov. 2015).

And, I cannot help but only conclude that it is all about money and greed from Lenovo, because looking at SPECS, S6 hardware is no better than X Force owns (what is also kind of obvious, as X Force is newer than S6).

Let's compare the real HW points for a technical "no-go" with Oreo on X Force:

Processor:

S6:--------Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A57)

X Force:---Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A57)

> So, actually, X Force has more "brute force" on processor than S6 (2.1GHz A57 vs. 2.0GHz A57).

RAM:

S6:--------3GB

X Force:---3GB

> Identical RAM specs.

GPU:

S6:--------Mali-T760MP8

X Force:---Adreno 430

> Adreno is better than Mali on those versions. So X force GPU is actually better.

Now, let's compare the benchmarck on the 2 devices. The higher the score, the better:

S6:

Basemark OS II: 1663

Basemark OS II 2.0: 1641

Basemark X: 22752

X Force:

Basemark OS II: 2085

Basemark OS II 2.0: 1669

Basemark X: 31561

Final result: When X Force specs doesn't tie with S6, they are very superior, and benchmark tests are an undeniable proof of it.

> So, why X Force won't get Oreo version? Because Lenovo wants to force you to buy a new device. Pure and simple.

So, the real question (IMHO), from now on for X Force (or any other Moto device) owners is: Is it worthy to keep buying Lenovo/Moto devices, as they can't deliver you, at least 3 major Android versions, while the competition is doing that on their Flagship devices (at least)???

And considering the whole history of Samsung letting their community down on this matter of device-update, it is a shame that they will bring Oreo to S6 (remember: March, 2017), and Lenovo won't bring it to X Force (Nov. 2015)...

I made my decision, after Lenovo skipped X Force on Oreo list. I will look for another brand for my next Flagship.

Teljo
Paper Tape
Views: 14,614
Message 7 of 13

exactly!!!! x force is powerful enough to run Oreo, but they aren't giving us the update and also consider one more thing after update to naught x force has became a snail in my case, I'm npt using too many apps only the basic social media apps apart from the preloaded apps. 

and if they want us to buy their newer phone by holding updates, that won't work in case of Lenovo phones bt may work in case of iPhone because which is a reputed brand and manufacturing fine quality phones as compared to Lenovo. 

Bedillogical
What's DOS?
Views: 12,227
Message 8 of 13

When will we get oreo

Hello team,

When we get the Latest update for this flagship device.

& when You All enable Volte functions.

Is there any chance to use our 2nd slot as hybrid.

there was mentioned both the symbol but don't get the functions.

Thnx in advance.

aniket_mohite
What's DOS?
Views: 9,336
Message 9 of 13

Hi Lenovo Team,

I got this awesome device nearly a year back & I am happy with the updates.

But I would still have liked an upldate to OREO considering the cost & specs of this device.

This device still has more firepower than most of the devices still released in 2018 as well.

So please provide update to this device.

The only problem that I have currently, is the greater heating up after Nougat update. Atleast you could provide some update with better thermal throttling profile.

I have a colleague who has oneplus 2 with the same snapdragon processor with better thermal efficiency. Surely, Lenovo/Motorola can do something similar for this amazing device.

Please provide some kind of update.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,063
Message 10 of 13

We understand your sentiment, however, I'm afraid the Moto X Force will not get the Oreo update anymore. The full list of Motorola devices that will get Oreo can be found here: https://blog.motorola.com/2017/09/14/say-hello-android-oreo/

We always share upgrade plans and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade page: http://bit.ly/OS-Upg-CountrySelect

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Top Kudoed Authors