Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 11 (1,105 Views)

Radio Band Mode

[ Edited ]

Screenshot removed.

So yesterday I've updated my moto x force to nougat 7.0, which is available officially by Lenovo/Motorola.

Yesterday while messing with the phone information menu you get when you typed (removed) in your dialer, I've accidentally set my radio band mode to United States which is the only option that's available in there, now my phone cannot detect any network, 

I've done a factory reset and there's still no luck. Is there any way to solve this issue?

I haven't rooted my phone.

There is no Motorola service center near my place.

Edited for site violation: We don’t allow the posting or recommendation of the use of "hidden menus" and commands not generally accessible through a phone's main menus.

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 11 (1,064 Views)

Re: Radio Band Mode

fimo wrote:

So yesterday I've updated my moto x force to nougat 7.0, which is available officially by Lenovo/Motorola.

Yesterday while messing with the phone information menu you get when you typed (removed) in your dialer, I've accidentally set my radio band mode to United States which is the only option that's available in there, now my phone cannot detect any network, 

I've done a factory reset and there's still no luck. Is there any way to solve this issue?

I haven't rooted my phone.

There is no Motorola service center near my place.

Edited for site violation: We don’t allow the posting or recommendation of the use of "hidden menus" and commands not generally accessible through a phone's main menus.

Hi fimo,

Have you tried these steps? Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Settings Reset > Reset Settings. Reboot the phone and test your network. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 11 (1,045 Views)

That didn't help. I've done a factory reset and it didn't help either.

Senior MotoAgent
Message 4 of 11 (1,016 Views)

Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. Remember to test the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps.

-JM

Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 11 (993 Views)

Done the factory reset too, that didn't help either.

Punch Card
Message 6 of 11 (407 Views)

Same thing happened with my sony xperia m2 dual but after factory reset i got network back .. have u got network back on ur xforce?

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 11 (371 Views)

I did get my network but even Motorola's Service Center didn't solve my issue I asked them to reflash stock ROM it didn't do the trick and told me that it might be a hardware issue, I insisted it wasn't a hardware issue.

I did my own research and found a solution on xda, Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot. I just executed just four cammands and voila I got my network back.

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 11 (175 Views)

I am also facing the same prblm... please guide me step by step process to fix it... please......

thank you

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 11 (116 Views)

first from your developer settings enable USB Debugging
then install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC/laptop
then connect your phone (remove sim card and memory card) to your PC using a USB cable (tap always allow when you get a prompt on your phone) the execute the following commands

fastboot reboot
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache

reboot and put in the sim and voila got your network back
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 11 (110 Views)

fimo wrote:
first from your developer settings enable USB Debugging
then install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC/laptop
then connect your phone (remove sim card and memory card) to your PC using a USB cable (tap always allow when you get a prompt on your phone) the execute the following commands

fastboot reboot
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache

reboot and put in the sim and voila got your network back

This thread really validates why poking around in hidden menus is not supported by this forum: in those menus, it's very, very easy to make the phone completely unusable.

That being said, the process described here consists of basic ADB commands and seems pretty straightforward, although I haven't personally tried it.

DISCLAIMER:  Motorola does not support modding of any kind.  If you want Moto's support, or the support of this forum, please stay away from the hidden menus and the software that must be installed to effect the fix.

Top kudoed Authors