Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Re: OK Google error: "Can't use microphone restart your device"

Hi I have a motorola X force, and i'm traying to set up the "ok Google" on any Screen but it always appears this message "Trouble with the microfone. Try again in a few seconds". 

Actually the mic is ok in another apps, even when I want to dictate to the Google app, after I press the mic icon. 

I' ve already clear cache and data of the Google app, and have restated my mobile many times. 

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 5 (448 Views)

Eduardogch wrote:

Hi I have a motorola X force, and i'm traying to set up the "ok Google" on any Screen but it always appears this message "Trouble with the microfone. Try again in a few seconds". 

Actually the mic is ok in another apps, even when I want to dictate to the Google app, after I press the mic icon. 

I' ve already clear cache and data of the Google app, and have restated my mobile many times. 

Hi Eduardogch,

Can you make sure that all your Google apps and all other apps are updated? Also, please test if you can train Google Assistant while the phone is in safe mode. 

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 5 (219 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Eduardogch,

I have the same issue, can you please help me too?

Bha\/in
Senior MotoAgent
Message 4 of 5 (140 Views)

bhavin_92 wrote:

Hi Eduardogch,

I have the same issue, can you please help me too?

Can you make sure that all your Google apps and all other apps are updated? Also, please test if you can train Google Assistant while the phone is in safe mode. To Enable Safe Mode:

1. Press the Power key
2. Touch and hold Power off
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

-JM

Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 5 (135 Views)

This happened to me also when I first tried to use the new Assistant functionality.  If you trained your launch phrase using the Moto App you can't re-train it using the Google app & Assistant.  That's why you are getting the Can't Use Microphone message, the Moto App already has a saved custom voice model stored for you.

~Scott
Top kudoed Authors