Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Foxcompaq
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,846
Message 1 of 20

Shattershield Replacements Moto x Force UK

Hi,

I know there are a few topics on this issue but none of them asnwer my question.

The top layer of my Moto X force, the shattershield had a slight crack in the corcer and I'd like to get it replaced.

As per their website - https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/108532/p/30,6720,9585 I'd like to buy a replacemtn to do myself, but I cannot find anywhere to buy this item. I find this appauling considering this phone cost me over £500 just over a year ago - the level of support is appauling.

I've chatted on the online chat and all they can recommend is for me to send my phone into the Norwich repair centre that has the worst reviews I've seen in my life, and additionally there is no information as to how much this will cost me!

Does anything have any further insite as to how  can solve this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,806
Message 2 of 20

Re: Shattershield Replacements Moto x Force UK

@Foxcompaq wrote:

Hi,

I know there are a few topics on this issue but none of them asnwer my question.

The top layer of my Moto X force, the shattershield had a slight crack in the corcer and I'd like to get it replaced.

As per their website - https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/108532/p/30,6720,9585 I'd like to buy a replacemtn to do myself, but I cannot find anywhere to buy this item. I find this appauling considering this phone cost me over £500 just over a year ago - the level of support is appauling.

I've chatted on the online chat and all they can recommend is for me to send my phone into the Norwich repair centre that has the worst reviews I've seen in my life, and additionally there is no information as to how much this will cost me!

Does anything have any further insite as to how  can solve this?

Hi Foxcompaq,

I will try my best to assist in this. I sent you a private message. Kindly reply to it.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Eliagp
Paper Tape
Views: 1,162
Message 3 of 20

I have the same issue in Germany. Kit is not buyable, less of all because my imei is not from Europe. It was heavily implied that this would be an aftermarket kit, easy to buy and replace by the same user, I'm sorely dissaponted I'll have to look for a third party option that is not quite as good as the original.

Mental
Paper Tape
Views: 1,694
Message 4 of 20

I'm looking for a replacement lens for my Moto X Force as well. All links I find are dead.

I purchased my phone it earlier this year and the display is all scratched up. :-( Very disappointing to know that it is easy to replace the lens, but it's impossible to obtain. :-(

If I could I would buy multiple, because in a month or two I will need a new one.

@Foxcompaq: did your issue get solved?

Mental
Paper Tape
Views: 1,699
Message 5 of 20

Another Shattershield Replacement disappointment. :-( Please help me out!

EDIT: I cannot delete this post. I wanted it to be a new topic.

I purchased my Moto X Force earlier this year. The display is all scratched up. I have been looking for a replacement (that should be easy to apply), but it is nowhere to be found.

I've read many people are looking for this (sinds 2016!!) and I wonder why these replacement lenses aren't readily available. 

Links are dead and the one link that does work says it's sold out for months now.

How do I obtain a replacement? If I could I would get multiple because I know that in 6 months I will need to replace it again.

Mental
Paper Tape
Views: 1,682
Message 6 of 20

Another Shattershield Replacement disappointment. :-( Please help me out!

I purchased my Moto X Force earlier this year. The display is all scratched up. I have been looking for a replacement (that should be easy to apply), but it is nowhere to be found.
I've read many people are looking for this (sinds 2016!!) and I wonder why these replacement lenses aren't readily available.
Most links I find are dead and the one link that does work says it's sold out for months now.

How do I obtain a replacement? If I could I would get multiple because I know that in 6 months I will need to replace it again.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,662
Message 7 of 20

Re: Another Shattershield Replacement disappointment. :-( Please help me out!

@Mental wrote:

Most links I find are dead and the one link that does work says it's sold out for months now.

I don't think we need a new thread for the same topic. I an ask around and see if anyone has an answer. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Mental
Paper Tape
Views: 1,658
Message 8 of 20

I've searched this forum and the web. All I find are people with the same problem and no real solution is given. :-(
There should be an easy solution that is accessible for everyone looking for it. No PM's or behind closed doors deals. One clear and simple anwser.

If you need a shattershield lens replacement, do this...

And sending the phone back for repair is not a valid solution. I can order almost any part for any smartphone online. For some reason this is made impossible for a piece of plastic. Granted: it's not 'just' plastic, but still.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,654
Message 9 of 20

@Mental wrote:
I've searched this forum and the web. All I find are people with the same problem and no real solution is given. :-(
There should be an easy solution that is accessible for everyone looking for it. No PM's or behind closed doors deals. One clear and simple anwser.

If you need a shattershield lens replacement, do this...

And sending the phone back for repair is not a valid solution. I can order almost any part for any smartphone online. For some reason this is made impossible for a piece of plastic. Granted: it's not 'just' plastic, but still.

This is a user to user forum - I can try and get you some help, but I can't guarantee the solution will not be PM - if that is not acceptable to you, that is your choice. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
steveplastic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,520
Message 10 of 20

Was this resolved - I also have this problem. Phone (moto x force) is 18 months old and the replacement screen cover is not available. Will it ever be in stock again?

Top Kudoed Authors