Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NTwoOo
Punch Card
Views: 1,020
Message 1 of 5

btsnoop_hci.log not filled with data with Nougat

Hi, Using the bluetooth logging under Nougat creates a file that is empty. The file contains 16 bytes and the headerstring showing "btsnoop e" in a text editor. I managed to get half a log once of 2.7kB, but it was shortly after restarting and the log stopped abruptly. I don't know what was different in that case. Has anyone else seen this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 976
Message 2 of 5

Re: btsnoop_hci.log not filled with data with Nougat

@NTwoOo wrote:

Hi, Using the bluetooth logging under Nougat creates a file that is empty. The file contains 16 bytes and the headerstring showing "btsnoop e" in a text editor. I managed to get half a log once of 2.7kB, but it was shortly after restarting and the log stopped abruptly. I don't know what was different in that case. Has anyone else seen this?

Hi NTwoOo,

I'm curious why you want to get the bluetooth log of your phone. Are you having some challenges with your phone's bluetooth performance? If so, what's happening?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

NTwoOo
Punch Card
Views: 974
Message 3 of 5

I purchased a bluetooth audio receiver on eBay. The previous one I purchased promised 4.0 BT but after viewing the snoops I saw that it was only 2.1 and had it refunded. The new one seems to do LE handshaking, but I want to inspect the snoop in detail to confirm it. The Nordic BLE tools don't show the device to be LE. BLE makes all the difference with wearables.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 919
Message 4 of 5

@NTwoOo wrote:
I purchased a bluetooth audio receiver on eBay. The previous one I purchased promised 4.0 BT but after viewing the snoops I saw that it was only 2.1 and had it refunded. The new one seems to do LE handshaking, but I want to inspect the snoop in detail to confirm it. The Nordic BLE tools don't show the device to be LE. BLE makes all the difference with wearables.

If you'd like you can share the BT Snoop log with us and I can have one of my Bluetooth engineers take a look. If the BT Snoop file is empty, then please toggle off Bluetooth HCI Snoop from Developer Option, reboot, upon reboot turn it back on and try to pair/connect again.

-Tom

Highlighted
brianreinhold
Punch Card
Views: 97
Message 5 of 5

I tried the above approach and I still get an empty btsnoop_hci.log. Well it has 16 bytes. Moto E4 OS version 7.1

Top Kudoed Authors