Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duaayush5
Paper Tape
Views: 21,536
Message 1 of 47

Battery Drain Issue Moto X Play

Hello All,

My Moto X Play got drained easily. Battery Back up is very less i.e. half day.

Could anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 20,931
Message 2 of 47

Re: Battery Drain Issue Moto X Play

@duaayush5 wrote:

Hello All,

My Moto X Play got drained easily. Battery Back up is very less i.e. half day.

Could anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Hi duaayush5

When did it start? Have you updated your phone recently?

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Meanwhile, you can try calibrating your device and see if it can help. 

To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Rhaegar
Paper Tape
Views: 20,857
Message 3 of 47

Hello Moto support,

I recently updated my moto x play to Nougat 7.1.1. After the update I saw my phone battery draining really fast. At full charge it says 5 hrs left (for the battery to drain). What could be the problem here?
chandra2015
Blue Screen Again
Views: 20,816
Message 4 of 47

This is the same issue that I'm currently facing since I updated my moto x play to nougat. On the very 2nd day I did factory reset but the same draining issue continues. After reset, it hardly has 5 - 6 softwares (I don't use Facebook, Messenger etc.) installed from play store. With data enabled all the time with minimal usage, the phone's battery lasts maximum 12hrs (or 10hrs on an average). With 100% charge, sometimes it calculates that the phone would stay awake 7hrs only. I also noticed that the charge drains rapidly if location service is on or a little use of YouTube or Wynk or Camera application. I can remember that the same didn't happen while the phone had marshmallow for last 1 year. What should I do now as the phone is no longer considered as hardy set as it was before?
Ncj1
Paper Tape
Views: 20,687
Message 5 of 47

Im having the same issue after updating to nougat

On battery remaining time shows 2 hrs at 60% 

prashantmaste1
What's DOS?
Views: 20,402
Message 6 of 47

Same issue is happenining with my phone. From last 2 years, when my phone was running on Marshmallow, I do not have to take care of low battery problem because moto x play has a huge battery. But after Nougat update, it hardly sustain up to 10 hours. Please someone in moto tech team check into this.

dnyaneshdeshpan
What's DOS?
Views: 20,144
Message 7 of 47

Hi,
I recently updated my moto x play to Nougat 7.1.1. After the update I saw my phone switches off even if battery is 40%. Almost every day I am facing this issue. Please resolve the problem. This is making lot of issues while working.
Regards,
Dnyanesh
faizi_z
Paper Tape
Views: 19,880
Message 8 of 47

Hello Ella/Moto Support,

I have the same problem also and it all started after 7.1.1 update. I can see my cherished device suffering after this update. However, I have some observations that may help to nail the problem & others can try to validate my observations also.

The problem happens only when "Mobile Data" is used. The longer the phone uses mobile data, more quickly the battery gets drained. This suggests to me that there is something wrong with DRX settings & DRX is not getting enabled. If mobile data is set OFF & one uses normal mobile services with WiFi phone battery last as good as earlier for about 1 day with a similiar amount of usage.

Please investigate and provide some fix. I know this is a really good device & I don't want to give up on it so soon.

Thanks

Faiz

Highlighted
DarrinC
Paper Tape
Views: 19,019
Message 9 of 47

Count me as another victim of the non removeable battery problem. My X play has a battery that may last 3 hours of use and now shuts down at 30 percent. Trying to find a motorola approved repair shop to get an estimate for a new battery  but this website is a total dogs breakfast. I want a phone that does not have to be connected to an external battery pack to work.

I think my next phone is not going to have apple wannabe hardware features.

kickass123
What's DOS?
Views: 18,681
Message 10 of 47

I got a solution to this problem. I was finally able to save time and battery by doing below settings. Go to Developer Options. Go to Animation.  Turn of Animation. There are 3 settings for Animation. Window Animation. Transition Animation. Animator Duration Scale. Turn all 3 off.