Options

2 Posts

09-21-2017

CA

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 5

Black or Static screen, phone responsive.

2017-09-21, 23:35 PM

Hello I have my Moto X Play, about 14/15 months old. It's always worked fine however today my screen has been black through out most of the day. I can still see it lighting up, but I get no picture. It's working as I can answer calls so long as I swipe in the right spot on the black screen when I'm recieving a call.

Sometimes the screen with appear static, with most of the top bar sometimes visible, sometimes not.

It also on 2 or 3 different occasions today started working fine, but went back to being black after I checked on it again.

I have force restarted it many times, no fix. I'm considering doing a factory wipe, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so without a working display.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Solved! See the solution
Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Black or Static screen, phone responsive.

2017-09-22, 16:10 PM

wrote:

Hello I have my Moto X Play, about 14/15 months old. It's always worked fine however today my screen has been black through out most of the day. I can still see it lighting up, but I get no picture. It's working as I can answer calls so long as I swipe in the right spot on the black screen when I'm recieving a call.

Sometimes the screen with appear static, with most of the top bar sometimes visible, sometimes not.

It also on 2 or 3 different occasions today started working fine, but went back to being black after I checked on it again.

I have force restarted it many times, no fix. I'm considering doing a factory wipe, but I can't seem to figure out how to do so without a working display.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi Schoobs,

If the screen is black and the display is not working, there's no way to do it from the settings menu. You may try booting it into recovery mode to do the reset. However, if the phone just vibrates but do not display the recovery mode, it is most probably a hardware concern and the next step is repair/service.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

09-21-2017

CA

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-09-23, 16:48 PM

Thanks JM, I since have found out that I still had warranty on my phone and have my replacement request already confirmed. 

Thanks again for the time and info.

Cody

Options

2 Posts

11-22-2017

IN

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-11-22, 15:21 PM

HI JM,

Manju here, even am also facing issue as schoob said. i think its not a hardware issue, because  untill update to nugout its working fine after updating to nugout only am facing this issue kindly give sollution for this.

Options

3 Posts

11-23-2017

IN

9 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-11-23, 12:29 PM

HI All,

I am also having the same issue with the Android upgrade.

Now my screen blacked out and nothing has to be visible on the screen, but in the background its working i.e I am getting calls (no display).

Please help us to solve my issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete