Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenolinero
Paper Tape
Views: 1,933
Message 11 of 49

Re: [HELP] Moto X Play Only Charging in Factory Mode

But if this is truly a software bug, why don't we have thousands of users complaining? 

Hello! I have the same issue. 

My Moto X Play is charging only in Factory Mode (Power + Volume Down). No modding. Only original updates. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,931
Message 12 of 49

@lenolinero wrote:
But if this is truly a software bug, why don't we have thousands of users complaining? 

Hello! I have the same issue. 

My Moto X Play is charging only in Factory Mode (Power + Volume Down). No modding. Only original updates. 

test in safe mode, cache clear and finally  a reset without installing/restoring any apps. If all fail, then service is the next step. 

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
lenolinero
Paper Tape
Views: 1,925
Message 13 of 49

Thanx for quick reply!

1. Do you mean to test charging in safe mode?

2 .Do you mean to test charging after clearing cache?

3. I've already reset my phone with deleting all data and apps. The problem is the same. No charging.

Btw. Can you provide a direct link to videos about safe mode and so on?

This link doesn't work  https://youtu.be/5oK4800s-kY?list=PLyXOE-Pa71dH8GIPdcNf8qtZuGcy6WQnU

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,921
Message 14 of 49

@lenolinero wrote:

Thanx for quick reply!

1. Do you mean to test charging in safe mode?

2 .Do you mean to test charging after clearing cache?

3. I've already reset my phone with deleting all data and apps. The problem is the same. No charging.

Btw. Can you provide a direct link to videos about safe mode and so on?

This link doesn't work  https://youtu.be/5oK4800s-kY?list=PLyXOE-Pa71dH8GIPdcNf8qtZuGcy6WQnU

I just clicked the link and it worked fine. But yes I was suggesting you test in those modes. If you reset and didn't install any apps, then I doubt those other suggestions will do anything different. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
AmitGupte93
Paper Tape
Views: 1,915
Message 15 of 49

Thousands of people do have the problem,

@AlphaDog wrote:

@AmitGupte93 wrote:

Hi Jonny...

Appreciate your reply.

Our feelings are mutual. **bleep** Software is whats causing this issue. i am a software engineer myself.

I m studying the kernel they used so that i can  fix the bug.  No More Moto Shopping. This is whats the difference between Moto and Apple.

How do you fix the bugs in the Apple kernel? If you think Apple has no bugs, just subscribe to the apple forums, and see how many posts they delete. 

Its just that those under warranty dont care and dont understand. They just give it to the service center and payup for whatever they say.

If it is not a software issue, then its faulty hardware right ??? Correct me if i am wrong.

If the hardware is faulty, then how does the phone charge in a selective operation mode.

and i am subscribed to apple forums, the difference is not that they have bugs or not. The difference is they own up to the issues and get them fixed.

I suggest you to try that sometime, instead of arguing with customers who are already facing issues in the phones you made.

We come here to make people in company like @

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,912
Message 16 of 49

@AmitGupte93 wrote:

Thousands of people do have the problem,

@AlphaDog wrote:

@AmitGupte93 wrote:

Hi Jonny...

Appreciate your reply.

Our feelings are mutual. **bleep** Software is whats causing this issue. i am a software engineer myself.

I m studying the kernel they used so that i can  fix the bug.  No More Moto Shopping. This is whats the difference between Moto and Apple.

How do you fix the bugs in the Apple kernel? If you think Apple has no bugs, just subscribe to the apple forums, and see how many posts they delete. 

Its just that those under warranty dont care and dont understand. They just give it to the service center and payup for whatever they say.

If it is not a software issue, then its faulty hardware right ??? Correct me if i am wrong.

If the hardware is faulty, then how does the phone charge in a selective operation mode.

and i am subscribed to apple forums, the difference is not that they have bugs or not. The difference is they own up to the issues and get them fixed.

I suggest you to try that sometime, instead of arguing with customers who are already facing issues in the phones you made.

We come here to make people in company like @

I am sorry you don't like the answer. In other threads it has been communicated that the fix is service. That means there is no software fix or if there is, it is not an option to be pushed out. 

Why not get it fixed as recommended - service? I don't  understand what you else you think can be done over the internet. 

What 

AmitGupte93
Paper Tape
Views: 1,910
Message 17 of 49

@AlphaDog wrote:

I am sorry you don't like the answer. In other threads it has been communicated that the fix is service. That means there is no software fix or if there is, it is not an option to be pushed out. 

Why not get it fixed as recommended - service? I don't  understand what you else you think can be done over the internet. 

What 

This is all i need to know, The fix cant be pushed out over OTA. Please visit service center.

Just visiting the service center and then they telling us that you have to change your motherboard, which is almost half the price of the phone, is not something that i personally want to do.

I shall visit the service center soon and get back to you. Lets see what your technical advisor says.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,908
Message 18 of 49

@AmitGupte93 wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

What 

This is all i need to know, The fix cant be pushed out over OTA. Please visit service center.

Just visiting the service center and then they telling us that you have to change your motherboard, which is almost half the price of the phone, is not something that i personally want to do.

I shall visit the service center soon and get back to you. Lets see what your technical advisor says.

I am making the assumption there is no OTA fix as the others have said service is the solution. I am sure if Moto could fix an OTA fix, it would be cheaper. 

But please reference the "thousands of users" with this issue? Reading XDA and this forum, i see maybe a dozen users over a couple different models. Seems like a hardware issue to me. 

lenolinero
Paper Tape
Views: 1,863
Message 19 of 49

Hi!
As I mentioned I had the problem with charging. Before the problem occurred I got security update without release note. I forgot to install it. After few days this problem appeared.

How I fix it:
1. I charged the phone in Factory mode. It was annoying due to constant reboot. Charge to 30% in order to be able to install updates.
2. I launched the phone in normal mode.
3. I installed all updates
4. Nothing happened.

In the evening i saw that phone is charging correctly. Miracle? I don't think so. Software Updates helped.

It is worth mentioning that before that operations I hard reset the phone. It didn't help.

It was one week ago. Now the phone works correctly.

p.s. I create a reminder to write here within a month to confirm or to contradict issue.
Highlighted
mathricar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,689
Message 20 of 49

O have almost the same issue in here. My Moto X Play only charges while turned off, for about six months now 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More