Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
headburger
Fanfold Paper
Views: 669
Message 41 of 49

Re: [HELP] Moto X Play Only Charging in Factory Mode

My suggestion is to try installing a battery monitoring app such as Ampere. I found that when my Moto X Play would not charge, the battery temperature was showing something like -21 Deg C.

This indicated to me either the battery's internal temperature sensor was not working or that connection to the motherboard was bad. I removed the battery connector, squirted it with some contact cleaner and reassembled with a little bit of packing behind it to make sure it could not work loose.

So far, everything has been fine and my phone now charged normally, and Ampere shows normal battery temperatures.

It does seem to make some sense, in that the phone is refusing to charge a battery that it thinks is too cold. Putting the phone into recovery or factory mode could be bypassing that check and allows the battery to be recharged whatever the temp sensor says.

Be good to know if anyone else has found this to be the problem.

Spacec4t
Paper Tape
Views: 658
Message 42 of 49

Thanks for this suggestion! I downloaded Ampère and, Surprise! The indicator says the battery is at -31°C. More than 50° below the real temperature.
I'll try what you did and see if it works. So far this looks promising. Thanks again! 😊
Danguy351
Paper Tape
Views: 627
Message 43 of 49

At step 5, don't turn the phone back on immediately--I can't say for absolute certain but I know with mine fat charging screen blinks off very quickly, and then reveals the Turbo Power charge screen. I'm going to do up a YouTube vid and post a link

Danguy351
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 44 of 49

ermech89
What's DOS?
Views: 240
Message 45 of 49

I have the same issue 

But my mobile get changes while switch off also

@AmitGupte93 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am using a Moto X Play (XT1562) For a while now. After the Marshmallow update i seem to be getting an issue where in my phone doesnt charge when i connect to the charger in normal mode.

For Diagnosis i tried booting in to factory mode. The phone is charging in Factory mode Only.

For now i am daily putting the phone in Factory mode and charging the phone. But as you must be aware the sims dont work in factory mode. Hence its a big issue for Me.

Could you please look into this matter and let me know for a potential fix. 

The phone is not rooted / unlocked. 

It charges to around 72% -75% in factory mode. So i doubt that its a hardware issue.

Please help

Thanks,

Amit Gupte

Spacec4t
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 46 of 49

About your video, it's been a long time, but I'm on here so let me first thank you for your helpfulness and good will in service to others for taking the time to make and publish this video. I checked it attentively and tried the process a couple of times; unfortunately it didn't work for me. I try to charge my phone at night as much as possible to minimize the effect of the time I'm of the cellphone network, but it still clearly is a bother and it keeps happening as a new post shows  no matter what Lenovo says. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 219
Message 47 of 49

Hello guys, If you already did a factory data reset and tested the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair is next step.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Spacec4t
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 48 of 49

I had the exact same problem, I found the exact same solution just by fiddling around on my phone with a little help from the Internet on how to reset the phone.

At the time I wrote to this forum, and you posted the same exact sophistic comment: ''If this is a widespread problem, how come we don't have thousands of people complaining'', ''and its a hardware problem'' (which it cannot be, logic being what it is) so you need to spend to get it fixed, (because telecommunictions operate mostly under the Law of the Jungle where it is always the prey -the consumer- who is wrong).

For more than a year I endured this situation, switching the phone to Factory mode to charge it (if you don't know what it is, as you state it, you can't pretend to be an expert!). At some point it began to also charge while switched off. 

Highlighted
Spacec4t
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 49 of 49

I'm finally getting around to gutting that phone. First I had to get the tiniest Torx screwdrivers I had ever seen, T4, MG!! I'm bringing it to jewelry school tonight, to look at that under a loupe to see if there is really a way to pack something under that connector and its clip.

Also I'll try if i can to unsolder a connecting port from an older Moto G , modify it a tiny bit and solder it instead of the actual port on this ... thing, which might be worn now, because the thing doesn't charge at all now, but this time it has the symptoms of a bad connection.

This phone had a good amount of qualities, probably mostly those it had inherited from the original Motorola R&D department and from the Google Research dept too, but it also had defects, and now this company doesn't seem to have a lot of integrity in acknowledging them. So now it's running on glory from the past, which it did'nt inherit when it bought the company but not the R&D labs. And integrity, well... I don't know that it is so easy to graft on a different organisation. Unless there is a will, but that will doesnt seem to be there either.

The phones are so difficult to repair they are clearly made for single throw away use. Like customers are, too; no doubt.