Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

IT

43 Signins

301 Page Views

• Views: 301
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto Voice and Android Messages compatibility after Nougat upgrade.

2017-11-22, 17:45 PM

Hi everybody,

from what I got to see, Moto Voice is unable to read text messages if Android Messages is set as the default messaging app. Switching to another messaging app (for example, Textra), is all right!

Do you find the same problem? Is there any way to fix it? It is absurd to have to switch from a system app to a custom one, in order to make another system app working properly! :-)

Anyway, phone performs great after the upgrade and I am very satisfied.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto Voice and Android Messages compatibility after Nougat upgrade.

2017-11-24, 22:37 PM

Hi gix

Has it worked before? I believe that feature you are referring to is the Moto Assist. It is for Driving mode, wherein it'll help you keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel. It has two options: Read text messages and incoming calls aloud, and to automatically fire up your music player of choice. 

Moto Voice, on the other hand, will execute the command by using a launch phrase. You can check for this features through this link.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

IT

43 Signins

301 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2017-11-25, 8:53 AM

Thank you for the reply, Ella!

Sorry, I did not say it clear enough. I'll try to better explain myself... 

In driving mode, Moto Assist works fine: it is able to rightly read and send text messages. 

The problem I'm referring to happens instead when I am asking for "What's up?". All the notifications are read, except the Android Messages ones, unless I change default text messaging app (Textra works fine, for example, but I'd prefere to use the stock one). It seems that these notifications are "transparent" to Moto Voice. Why? 

With Android Marshmallow I never had issues at all, with stock SMS 6.0.1 app. This happens just since Nougat (and Moto Voice) upgrade. I have already performed the hard reset (from recovery) several times after the upgrade, without success. 

Thanks again! 

Best regards, 

gino

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-11-27, 22:45 PM

wrote:

In driving mode, Moto Assist works fine: it is able to rightly read and send text messages. 

The problem I'm referring to happens instead when I am asking for "What's up?". All the notifications are read, except the Android Messages ones, unless I change default text messaging app (Textra works fine, for example, but I'd prefere to use the stock one). It seems that these notifications are "transparent" to Moto Voice. Why? 

With Android Marshmallow I never had issues at all, with stock SMS 6.0.1 app. This happens just since Nougat (and Moto Voice) upgrade. I have already performed the hard reset (from recovery) several times after the upgrade, without success. 

Thanks again! 

Best regards, 

gino

wrote:

Thanks again! 

Best regards, 

gino

We are replicating your concern. Let me get back to you once I got a feedback from the team. - Ella

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

IT

43 Signins

301 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2017-11-28, 17:48 PM

OK, many thanks!

If necessary, my Motorola ID is the same as the username I am using to login this forum.

Anyway, the firmware of my phone is:

Android version:

Baseband:
M8936_20250112.18.05.38RLUX_EMEA_CUST

Kernel
3.10.49-gd043ad1-00008-gbcf239c
hudsoncm@ilclbld3l #1
Mon Sep 11 02:03:43 CDT 2017

System:

Build:
NPD26.48-24-1

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete