11-20-2014

Argentina

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto X- Play having yellow color tone in display

2016-06-02, 10:33 AM

I have baught the moto x 16 GB variant from flipkart (Indian made), I noticed my phone with my Moto G 2nd Gen that color is not pure white it have yellow tint while see the white color background wallpaper. I have also compare with my collegue moto X 32 GB variant. My friend's phone having the white tone while myne having yellow tone. Is it an issue? 

Please see the attached screenshot, left one is myne.

Please suggest asap so I can replace it. 

Options

89 Posts

01-13-2016

England, UK

62 Signins

398 Page Views

• Views: 398
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto X- Play having yellow color tone in display

2016-06-02, 10:48 AM

It's only an issue if it bothers you. I had a Moto X Style that had a very yellow screen. I now have a Moto X Play that is generally fine, although it has a very slight yellow tint in the upper right corner. I think the LCD screens are more prone to this problem than the AMOLED screens.

It's the same on all smartphones I've ever seen. Even higher-end, more 'flagship' models. Some have a colour tint, some don't. Some say it's related to the adhesives used when fixing the screens in place. Whatever it is, there's certainly something in the manufacturing process that means it's a lottery as to whether or not you'll get a perfectly white screen.

You could try exchanging it if it bothers you, but I would say there's no guarantee that the new one will be any better.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete