Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prv
What's DOS?
Views: 14,024
Message 1 of 154

Moto X Play switching off automatically

After using Moto X Play for a month now, today for very first time the phone switched off automatically not once but twice.

I am not sure why its happening but noticed that during the 2nd time i had a Whatsapp message notification and while i tried to swipe the screen and read the message the screen just froze and the whole thing just restarted

Can someone please help me understand how do i figure out the root cause for this. FYI, i havnt installed any new apps.

Regards

Prv

spartan_Patel
Paper Tape
Views: 13,878
Message 2 of 154

Re: Moto X Play switching off automatically

Same thing happened to me yesterday while swipping the notification bar to see the whatsapp msg it happened twice
Prv
What's DOS?
Views: 13,878
Message 3 of 154

Ah in that case i guess its to do with an app update then, could either be Whatsapp or update on some other app that exist by default on all Moto X Play phones... Hopefully the moderator or someone else would be able to help us here....

spartan_Patel
Paper Tape
Views: 13,887
Message 4 of 154

Ya
spartan_Patel
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 154

My mxp is switching off automatically any solution for this ???
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 6 of 154

Prv said:

Ah in that case i guess its to do with an app update then, could either be Whatsapp or update on some other app that exist by default on all Moto X Play phones... Hopefully the moderator or someone else would be able to help us here....

View original

We'll look into this, but can you please post your serial number in your profile so we can use it to look for clues to this issue? 

If you can reliably reproduce this, please provide the steps. Thanks.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Prv
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 154

Thanks Matt for looking into this, the phones serial number has been updated in my profile, Its an XT1562 dual sim MXP.

So far this problem has only occured on November 25 and as mentioned in my post the phone automatically switched off twice. I have no clue on why it happened the first time but the second time was when a whatsapp message notification came on screen and i tried to swipe and unlock it, the whole thing just froze for a second and restarted.

Any more info required please let me know, really appreciate your support.

Motorola Admin
Views: 13,886
Message 8 of 154

spartan_Patel said:

My mxp is switching off automatically any solution for this ???View original

Your phone appears to be rooted, so we can't really help with that.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Motorola Admin
Views: 13,886
Message 9 of 154

Prv said:

Thanks Matt for looking into this, the phones serial number has been updated in my profile, Its an XT1562 dual sim MXP.

So far this problem has only occured on November 25 and as mentioned in my post the phone automatically switched off twice. I have no clue on why it happened the first time but the second time was when a whatsapp message notification came on screen and i tried to swipe and unlock it, the whole thing just froze for a second and restarted.

Any more info required please let me know, really appreciate your support.

View original

I am not able to see much -- can you see if you have the data-sharing settings set to On under Settings > Motorola Privacy?

At this point I think it may be best to just watch to see if it happens again, and if it does, take a bug report. With luck, it was a one-time thing.

Taking a bug report:

• Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item,Developer options.

• Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

• Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

• Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

• Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

• Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport  on the forums in a reply.

• Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Prv
What's DOS?
Views: 13,880
Message 10 of 154

Matt - Data sharing settings is enabled in my case.

As suggested i will wait and see if it happens again and if it does i will go ahead and generate the bug report and will share it

Really appreciate your support.