AU

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto X play turns on but just repeates start-up sequence

2018-06-09, 11:24 AM

Hi

I woke up last night to find my Moto X play repeatedly going through the start-up sequence that happens when you turn your phone on when it's been shut down - showing the light-blue Motorolla logo against a white background, then the series of animations and the Lenovo Logo. After that it should open the phone to you, and you should be presented with the lock screen - but my phone was just repeatedly going through the startup sequence - no response if I held the off button.

Luckily I managed to get to the factory screen by holding all the buttons, where it shows "Bootloader logs, restart bootloader, recovery mode, factory mode, power off and start". I tried starting the phone from there but the same things happened. I turned it off, fully charged it and tried everything again - it just keeps repeating the start-up sequence, and I can't use the phone at all!! What can I do??

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5839 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto X play turns on but just repeates start-up sequence

2018-06-09, 12:57 PM

wrote:

Hi

I woke up last night to find my Moto X play repeatedly going through the start-up sequence that happens when you turn your phone on when it's been shut down - showing the light-blue Motorolla logo against a white background, then the series of animations and the Lenovo Logo. After that it should open the phone to you, and you should be presented with the lock screen - but my phone was just repeatedly going through the startup sequence - no response if I held the off button.

Luckily I managed to get to the factory screen by holding all the buttons, where it shows "Bootloader logs, restart bootloader, recovery mode, factory mode, power off and start". I tried starting the phone from there but the same things happened. I turned it off, fully charged it and tried everything again - it just keeps repeating the start-up sequence, and I can't use the phone at all!! What can I do??

Try without SD card and sim card installed, also try with plugged into PC. You can try a reset from recovery menu, but if none of that works, service is the only other option.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

2 Posts

05-10-2017

IN

6 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto X play turns on but just repeates start-up sequence

2018-06-18, 14:49 PM

Same thing happened to me due to improper flashing earlier. Download the factory images from the link...

https://github.com/motoxplay/stock

and follow the instructions given there. This process solved my problem. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete