12-21-2019

CA

2 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto Xplay doesn't show keyboard.

2019-12-21, 18:40 PM

The moto Xplay did an auto update at night and now I can't unlock my phone due to no keyboard. I have tried to reboot and clear cache by hitting the power button and the down button. I can't take off my pictures and contacts due to the computer not recognizing the phone until it get unlocked. It always asks for a password required after devise restarts which does not work. If I push the settings it automatically asks for a password again. The only thing I can do is do an emergency call. My only option left is to do a fctory reboot that I do not want to do since I will lose all information.

Options

1718 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1615 Signins

25253 Page Views

• Views: 25253
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto Xplay doesn't show keyboard.

2019-12-21, 19:54 PM

wrote:

The moto Xplay did an auto update at night and now I can't unlock my phone due to no keyboard. I have tried to reboot and clear cache by hitting the power button and the down button. I can't take off my pictures and contacts due to the computer not recognizing the phone until it get unlocked. It always asks for a password required after devise restarts which does not work. If I push the settings it automatically asks for a password again. The only thing I can do is do an emergency call. My only option left is to do a fctory reboot that I do not want to do since I will lose all information.

Seems to be a recent common Glitch. See this post,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-by-Motorola/Gboard-not-working/m-p/4607591#M17650

Once you can get into the phone disable Gboard and then re-emable/Install it. I'm using an older Moto G3 phone so Gboard doesn't come pre-installed so I use the Standalone version from here,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin&hl=en_GB

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save