Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTC59
Blue Screen Again
Views: 165
Message 1 of 6

Proximity sensor not working.

I have a MOTO X PLAY in which the proximity sensor is not working. I have tried and seen in safe mode, but the sensor is still not working. Can some one from the customer support or from the community help me out to rectify this problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 120
Message 2 of 6

Re: Proximity sensor not working.

Hi HTC59,

Thanks for posting. Can you give me more details on how it's not working (Phone calls, apps, etc)? Do you have a Moto Help app? If you have Moto Help/Device Help app, kindly test the proximity sensor using the app. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

HTC59
Blue Screen Again
Views: 88
Message 3 of 6

Hi Agent Rich,
My phone display doesn't go off when I make or receive a call. This results in call going on hold or even disconnection at times. As far as checking the proper functioning of different.aspects of the phone by conducting Hardware tests through Device Help, the same has been tried, but the icon doesn't change when the hand is placed on display screen. Can you suggest some other way of restoring it's functionality.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 45
Message 4 of 6

Hi HTC59,

It's normal that the phone's screen will turn off during phone calls when the proximity sensor is blocked or covered. What happened when you press the power button twice? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

HTC59
Blue Screen Again
Views: 36
Message 5 of 6

Hi Agent Rich,
When I press the power button once or twice when I am on a phone call, the call gets disconnected.
Regards............
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15
Message 6 of 6

Hi HTC59,

Thanks for confirming. Hmm. Can you check if you have these options: Settings > Accessibility > Toggle off "Power Button Ends Call"). Once disabled try calibrating the proximity by pressing the power button twice during the phone call. Otherwise, I recommend doing a factory data reset without restore (Settings > Backup&Reset > Factory Data Reset).

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors