Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrpiro
Paper Tape
Views: 254
Message 1 of 6

phone without sd card

Can i store my pictures in internal phone memory?

Can copy any file to  internal phone memory from PC?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 251
Message 2 of 6

Re: phone without sd card

@mrpiro wrote:

Can i store my pictures in internal phone memory?

Can copy any file to  internal phone memory from PC?

Yes, all phones work that way without an SD card. The camera defaults to internal storage, and any files you transfer via USB cable or download will go to internal storage. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
mrpiro
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 3 of 6

Ok, but how?

Normally when i conect other phones via USB with Android i can choose between Sd card and internal memory. With my Moto X i don't have that choise. I see only SD card. No intermal memory visible.

When i want to take picture no photo is saved. Im told that there is no space left in internal memory. Delete some photos or other files. But when I go to settings and check "Storage and USB" internal storage 6,96 GB of 11,00 GB.

How can i acces to internal memory?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 202
Message 4 of 6

If you have no sd card, then what you see when you connect your phone to a pc is the internal storage that is available for access. Different phones work differently and the Moto X has an older OS - i don't remember actually how it worked in regards to naming conventions. Without an sd card installed, it may call internal "sd card", but it won't show an sd card if none is installed. 

There is system data that is not available to the storage and usb screen that is probably taking up space. Try another tool like "diskusage" in the play store - it will likely show you that there is no more free space. 

It sounds like your phone was working fine without an sd card until you ran out of space. Not all of the internal memory is user writable, but the part that is should show up when you go to notification bar on phone, pull down, and switch from USB charging, to file transfer. You have to do this when usb cable is connected. You may have to "clear all" in the notifications pull down to see the usb transfer option. 

Regardless, it appears you need to make more room on your phone. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
mrpiro
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for answering. I'll check this "diskusage".

But nevertheless after connecting phone to PC i should see a folder "Internal memory". I'm not beginner in this stuff, and really tried almost everything in phone settings. I searched in www for similar problems and i didn't find anything usefull.

When i connect the phone i certainly chose file transfer (MTP) and in "My computer" appears folder (in portable device section) XT1562. When I open it there is nothing inside. The folder is empty. I cannot paste anything in it. When i put SD card to the phone in XT1562 folder i can see SD card. I can open it, copy movies to it and watch them on my phone. If you were right about internal memory full i should see it with a red bar showing me that there is no room left. Also when i had older phone Samsung GT-S7580 with phone OS i could move files from SD card to phone storage and from phone SD card. I dont see than option in Moto X. Maybe the OS don't support access to phone internal storage.

When I connect my wifes phone i see two folders: internal memory and SD card. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 184
Message 6 of 6

@mrpiro wrote:

Thank you for answering. I'll check this "diskusage".

But nevertheless after connecting phone to PC i should see a folder "Internal memory". I'm not beginner in this stuff, and really tried almost everything in phone settings. I searched in www for similar problems and i didn't find anything usefull.

When i connect the phone i certainly chose file transfer (MTP) and in "My computer" appears folder (in portable device section) XT1562. When I open it there is nothing inside. The folder is empty. I cannot paste anything in it. When i put SD card to the phone in XT1562 folder i can see SD card. I can open it, copy movies to it and watch them on my phone. If you were right about internal memory full i should see it with a red bar showing me that there is no room left. Also when i had older phone Samsung GT-S7580 with phone OS i could move files from SD card to phone storage and from phone SD card. I dont see than option in Moto X. Maybe the OS don't support access to phone internal storage.

When I connect my wifes phone i see two folders: internal memory and SD card. 

I didnt really understand your problem before, this helps.

The moto x should work the same way as your wife's phone. The fact that you see nothing inside the phone folder tells me you are not really mounting in MTP mode. All my phones work as you describe - but even if there is no sd card it should show you the user accesible internal storage. 

Have you tried a different cable or port? I don't really have any other suggestions as you know how to put the phone into MTP mode. 

Top Kudoed Authors