10-05-2016

US

87 Signins

510 Page Views

• Views: 510
  • Message 561 of 2154

Re: Android (7.0) Nougat Update for Moto X Pure/Style

2017-06-09, 14:30 PM
Only fiasco going on is inside these messaging boards. Too bad the whole world doesn't realize the injustice that's really going on!
Options

10 Posts

03-31-2017

US

48 Signins

245 Page Views

• Views: 245
  • Message 562 of 2154

2017-06-09, 15:05 PM

Maybe if you cry more and act like spoiled...... They will do what you want.... Waaaaaaa 

Options

119 Posts

02-13-2015

US

126 Signins

1371 Page Views

• Views: 1371
  • Message 563 of 2154

2017-06-09, 15:10 PM

people please write something belong this thread , stop writing blah blah blah , this thread about update and must be usefull not trash , please just write something belong here and usefull , STOP writing your opinion and ........

JUST WRITING SOMETHING USEFULL AND BELONG HERE

The Best Paul and Joseph Galvin (I Will Love Motorola Ever...)
Options

4211 Posts

02-25-2016

US

2146 Signins

35065 Page Views

• Views: 35065
  • Message 564 of 2154

2017-06-09, 15:31 PM

People are frustrated, we (the mods) get that, most of us are right there with you. For the most part the comments posted by those of you who are frustrated are perfectly fine.

The Community Guidelines spell out what can and can't be posted on these forums, and have nothing to say about people being frustrated. What they do have something to say about is telling users to "get over it" or to "stop whining"

In short, do not try to dictate what others post. If you feel that something is inappropriate, use the option to "report inappropriate content" in the menus for each post. from there Let the XPRTs handle it. 

Here is an excerpt from the Community guidelines

• Be fair. No personal attacks. (And in general, don’t be a jerk): We encourage discussions, debates and even arguments, but please share your thoughts politely and constructively. Personal attacks and comments about other owners, moderators or Motorola employees are not welcome. Comments like "get over it," "stop whining," "why do you want that?" and other dismissals of other people's concerns are not appropriate. Talk about yourself vs. others. Retaliatory comments, questioning the motives of others and excessive chest-beating about your particular issue are all obnoxious to other members – don’t act like that. Please stay on-topic. Don't hijack threads with issues, complaints or topics that interfere with this forum's stated purpose of providing support for owners. Duplicate threads on topics already under discussion will be locked. Any post suggesting violence, suicide, etc., (“so-and-so should be killed”) will be removed.
Other than that, carry on
*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Options

285 Posts

12-22-2015

US

608 Signins

6737 Page Views

• Views: 6737
  • Message 565 of 2154

2017-06-09, 15:32 PM

What I don't understand is why everyone keeps going on and on about this... EVERY SINGLE QUESTION you have asked has been answered, but just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean they are wrong.

The answers all boil down to one point... Lenovo/Moto does not discuss software updates publicly before their release. Period. What is so hard to understand about that? Just because you don't like that answer doesn't mean you can't accept it. Newsflash here, that is the way Moto has ALWAYS been, even back to the 1990's. They don't communicate about these things, it has always been that way, even under everyone's favorite nostalgic Google days, so why is it surprising to anyone?

My email blips off dozens of time a day for this thread to hear people complaining or asking questions that have been answered a hundred times, the answer isn't going to change because you whine and threaten to never buy another Lenovo device again.

Sit back, have patience and wait... when it is ready it will be released. Lenovo is not going to hold back a software release when it is ready, but they are not going to release software until they believe it is stable enough for the masses, why would they? People would complain even more to have a broken device...

Options

1 Posts

06-09-2017

US

1 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 566 of 2154

2017-06-09, 17:10 PM

"The answers all boil down to one point... Lenovo/Moto does not discuss software updates publicly before their release. Period.""

I agree with all of what you wrote EXCEPT the above statement.  They did publicly discuss the software update.  If they had shut up about it, you would be correct.  However, since they chose to discuss it and imply the software update was imminent (which it wasn't), they are now expected (understandably) to explain the problem (which they seem unwilling to do), especially since it has been six weeks since the announcement.

The public discussion began by virtue of their own communication here:

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS118009

Options

5 Posts

10-13-2016

IN

5 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 567 of 2154

Regarding nougat update in moto x style

2017-06-10, 12:22 PM

Dear support I have been waiting for along time for nougat but there is no nougat update in moto x style yet . I spent 30 k but your company is dissatisfying me because there is no volte and any software updates since 1 year.you are only in increasing your own branding and new models marketing .This is your new business policy.we customers are giving you a good business but you are not giving a good service to us.

Options

138 Posts

10-22-2015

US

110 Signins

1282 Page Views

• Views: 1282
  • Message 568 of 2154

2017-06-10, 16:32 PM

wrote:

With regard to previous posts in this thread, here is Google's official (6/17) policy re/ updates to their Pixel and Nexus devices:

Pixel phones get Android version updates for at least 2 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store. After 2 years, we can't guarantee more updates.

[....]

Pixel phones get security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store, or at least 18 months from when the Google Store last sold the device, whichever is longer. After that, we can't guarantee more updates.

Personally I find even the level of support from Google weak.  I believe that the Apple 5c will lose support when IOS 11 is released this fall. The 5c was introduced in 2013, so that is 4 full years of updates.  That is the model the Google and Lenovo should shoot for with their flagship phones.

Options

285 Posts

12-22-2015

US

608 Signins

6737 Page Views

• Views: 6737
  • Message 569 of 2154

2017-06-10, 16:49 PM

wrote:

wrote:

With regard to previous posts in this thread, here is Google's official (6/17) policy re/ updates to their Pixel and Nexus devices:

Pixel phones get Android version updates for at least 2 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store. After 2 years, we can't guarantee more updates.

[....]

Pixel phones get security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store, or at least 18 months from when the Google Store last sold the device, whichever is longer. After that, we can't guarantee more updates.

Personally I find even the level of support from Google weak.  I believe that the Apple 5c will lose support when IOS 11 is released this fall. The 5c was introduced in 2013, so that is 4 full years of updates.  That is the model the Google and Lenovo should shoot for with their flagship phones.

Really? Do you or have you actually used a iPhone 5c on iOS 10.3.2? We have lots in our test bench, and hundreds (maybe close to a thousand) deployed for a specific application we build in house, but trying to use one on iOS 10.3.x is a miserable experience... slow in general, laggy when trying to open or switch applications, and occasional random reboots. Personally, I think Apple should have let the 5c go a year or even two ago when it was still relatively usable on the then current iOS versions.

And Apple has no published guidelines or rules about how long they support a product at all, it is all purely a competitive business decision (show me a verifiable official Apple reference to the contrary with regard mobile iOS based devices), Apple could say that as of iOS 11 no previous devices are supported... they won't, it would be a horrible business decision, but there is nothing in any of their official policies that says they couldn't. 

No one really expects 4 years of software updates for a mobile device, the hardware is typically only designed for roughly a 24-36 month life span anyway. 

Options

94 Posts

05-03-2017

US

325 Signins

1192 Page Views

• Views: 1192
  • Message 570 of 2154

2017-06-10, 17:08 PM

You just answered the reason to upgrade an iPhone. My wife had a 5c until the iPhone 7 came out. I updated her 5c to the new IOS and it literally made it useless. Let the consumer decided if they want an update, and if they do, they deal with a sluggish phone and then you're forced to upgrade.

My Moto X Pure is plenty current enough to run Nougat, if Motorola ever decides to release the update.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete