Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaramelLatte
Paper Tape
Views: 2,998
Message 1 of 26

Battery Drain

I know a post was recently made concerning the connectivity of the turbo charger. I had that problem too, but my main headache is that after having the phone since the end of September it is draining bad. It doesn't even keep a charge, and that is with regular usage (as I have done before when the phone was okay on battery life).

Here is what I posted.

[It is the same thing with my charger, it just won't work unless I hold it under the connector piece and press it into the port. At first I thought it was the port on the phone that was damaged. Then I noticed that other chargers plug right in and work effortlessly. The only problem is they take forever to charge and the phone does not stay charged. It's like it fail to keep the battery charged. I Googled the issue and a lot of people say that the update messed with the battery. Has anyone else had this happen. I am so frustrated. I don't think I have a warranty on this phone either.]

Can someone please help me out!???? I love this phone and this is my first go with Motorola. If this continues, I feel that I need to try a new company. $400 is a lot to spend on a phone that only lasts for five months tops. 😞😞😞
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,987
Message 2 of 26

Re: Battery Drain

@CaramelLatte wrote:
I know a post was recently made concerning the connectivity of the turbo charger. I had that problem too, but my main headache is that after having the phone since the end of September it is draining bad. It doesn't even keep a charge, and that is with regular usage (as I have done before when the phone was okay on battery life).

Here is what I posted.

[It is the same thing with my charger, it just won't work unless I hold it under the connector piece and press it into the port. At first I thought it was the port on the phone that was damaged. Then I noticed that other chargers plug right in and work effortlessly. The only problem is they take forever to charge and the phone does not stay charged. It's like it fail to keep the battery charged. I Googled the issue and a lot of people say that the update messed with the battery. Has anyone else had this happen. I am so frustrated. I don't think I have a warranty on this phone either.]

Can someone please help me out!???? I love this phone and this is my first go with Motorola. If this continues, I feel that I need to try a new company. $400 is a lot to spend on a phone that only lasts for five months tops. 😞😞😞

Have you tested in safe mode?  Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

I use my Pure very lightly (and I charge using the Turbo Charger that came with the phone) and I can easily get 3 days worth of battery life.  If the update cause this, then I would think that MORE folks would be affected....?

Wondering if you either have an app that drains your battery quickly or if you have a hardware issue.  

If you believe that you have a hardware issue and your phone has not been abused (dropped, exposed to water, modded, etc), contact Motorola Repair.  During the inital diagnostics, you'll likely be asked to factory data reset your device, so back everything up prior to contacting Repair.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
CaramelLatte
Paper Tape
Views: 2,970
Message 3 of 26

@eaccents, Thanks! I do not know how the safe mode works or how to wipe the partition clean. I do know how to factory reset which I may do. I just don't want all of my photos deleted for good. Google Photos has a thing for deleting photos on the servers when they get deleted from the phone.

Can you give me instructions on how to operate safe mode and wipe the partition? I will try that first and let you know the results.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,965
Message 4 of 26

@CaramelLatte wrote:
@eaccents, Thanks! I do not know how the safe mode works or how to wipe the partition clean. I do know how to factory reset which I may do. I just don't want all of my photos deleted for good. Google Photos has a thing for deleting photos on the servers when they get deleted from the phone.

Can you give me instructions on how to operate safe mode and wipe the partition? I will try that first and let you know the results.

Instructions for safe mode (and an explanation) is here.

Instructions for wiping the cache partition (which leaves all of your data intact) is here.

I have never lost photos on Google Photos by doing an FDR (factory data reset).  If you are worried, sign out of Google Photos FIRST, and then go about doing everything else.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
berzerker12
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,928
Message 5 of 26

What were your results?

CaramelLatte
Paper Tape
Views: 2,873
Message 6 of 26

Well, I did try the safe mode twice. The first time I didn't keep it in safe mode for more than an hour. I was thinking that safe mode was supposed to give some kind of diagnostic code of what was wrong. I figured out that safe mode was only to test the efficiency and functionality of the phone in the absence of the applications so I tried it again. The verdict: No change. Brain drain was still the same in safe mode.

I did try the other option but something happened while ai was trying to do the commands and my phone was blacked out for a few minutes. In was sonscared that I was going to be stuck with a dead phone that I do not want to try it again. 

So, now I'm still having the same issues and I am so unhappy about it. In have a pretty phone that can't stay charged up. 😞😢

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,854
Message 7 of 26

@CaramelLatte wrote:

Well, I did try the safe mode twice. The first time I didn't keep it in safe mode for more than an hour. I was thinking that safe mode was supposed to give some kind of diagnostic code of what was wrong. I figured out that safe mode was only to test the efficiency and functionality of the phone in the absence of the applications so I tried it again. The verdict: No change. Brain drain was still the same in safe mode.

I did try the other option but something happened while ai was trying to do the commands and my phone was blacked out for a few minutes. In was sonscared that I was going to be stuck with a dead phone that I do not want to try it again. 

So, now I'm still having the same issues and I am so unhappy about it. In have a pretty phone that can't stay charged up. 😞😢

If your phone still exhibits issues in safe mode, then we can probably rule out a misbehaving app.

Your next step is likely a factory data reset WITH AUTO RESTORE DISABLED.  This will tell us if you have bad software (OS) or perhaps bad hardware.

airiartev
Punch Card
Views: 2,829
Message 8 of 26

Whaaaaat? 3 days? My Moto X Style last 3 hours of screen time...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,799
Message 9 of 26

@airiartev wrote:

Whaaaaat? 3 days? My Moto X Style last 3 hours of screen time...

Yep.  If the Pure is not my everyday phone, then it gets very little usage and can last up to 3 days on one charge.

I've never run this phone down to nothing, but if I take it off charger at 100% and use it steadily for an hour (email, texting, surfing, calendaring, weather apps, news apps, etc--no games, no videos) or so, the projected battery life based on the most recent [steady] usage is about 5 hours.  

What are you doing that you are getting only 3 hours of steady usage?

airiartev
Punch Card
Views: 2,797
Message 10 of 26

I found a bug on nova laucher that was constantly in using the cpu. Now im in 4 hours of screen time. I dont think i can reach 5 hours...

I think OEM needs to focus on screen an their efficiency..

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More