Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

29 Posts

09-12-2015

United States

15 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 127

Bluetooth Issues on Moto X Pure Edition

2015-10-03, 14:54 PM

So I ordered the Moto X Pure the day of release and have been using it for about 2 weeks.  I have had no issues with it except some minor ones with bluetooth. 

1)  When using with my Jawbone Era it works fine.  The problem I have noticed is after 15-30 minutes of talking, or when I receive another call, the headset drops connection.  I then have to turn off the Jawbone and turn it back on to reconnect.  I know it is not the headset having issues because I use it simultaneously with an iPhone 4S.  I only started having problems when i switched from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to the Moto X Pure.

2) I recently installed 5 Nest Protect smoke/CO detectors which utilize wi-fi/wi-fi direct/bluetooth to setup, activate, and communicate with each other, phones, tablets, etc.  I setup the first Nest unit with my Moto X Pure Edition and have yet to be able to connect to any of the Nest units since the first day.  I receive notifications  and status alerts via wi-fi, but trying to send commands to the Nest units requires bluetooth.  The bluetooth enables, but never connects. 

Background: I have already been in contact with Nest and been through their troubleshooting.  It is thus far isolated to the Moto X Pure Edition because they have not had this issue with other Android phones running Lollipop 5.1.1.  I have NO PROBLEMS with any other devices in my home: iPhone 4S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPad 3, Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4". 

There seems to be an issue accessing the Bluetooth stack on this phone.  I have a tech/software background but have not worked with bluetooth in 7 years and have no experience programming with Android.  I would assume that basic Bluetooth API access is cooked into Android; therefore, being that this is a very popular/common Qualcomm chipset and fairly stock Android I do not expect these problems if it is not happening on other 5.1.1 devices.

Any ideas before I send support request to Motorola?

Options

4 Posts

04-12-2015

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 127

Re: Bluetooth Issues on Moto X Pure Edition

2015-10-05, 6:46 AM

I am having the same BT issue. Moto X BT is somehow broken. It drops all connection every 10-120mins, BT status shows normal, but you can tell the problem by all devices not connected and the only way is to turn off BT in setting then turn back on. I have noticed this problem since early August 2015 and have replaced a new device with Motorala, no luck. Both stock 5.1.1 and CM12.1 have the same issue. I know something is messed up. Need help.

Options

19892 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2512 Signins

63333 Page Views

• Views: 63333
  • Message 3 of 127

2015-10-05, 14:56 PM

I'll ask the BT team to take a look.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

29 Posts

09-12-2015

United States

15 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 4 of 127

2015-10-07, 3:16 AM

Matt,

I appreciate the quick response.  Please do pass this on to the experts for Bluetooth comm.  These days, bluetooth is as important in these mobile devices as the cellular/data side.  I use it constantly to communicate with smart devices in my house, multiple audio devices, both of my vehicles, my wireless headset, and other phones/tablets to transfer files.  If it does not work properly, the phone is nearly useless to me as a smartphone.

Options

1 Posts

10-08-2015

Romania

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 127

2015-10-08, 2:52 AM

I'm also having issues with Bluetooth and various devices. I also have two coworkers who also have the Moto X Pure and are experiencing the same thing:

We all have Android Wear watches (I have the Moto 360 (2014), one has the LG Urbane, and the other the Moto 360 (2015)). We notice that the watches constantly show that they are not connected to the phone; sometimes requiring the toggle to be turned off and on for it to reconnect. Two of us also recently purchased the HTC Bluetooth dongle for music for our vehicles and the same issue persists. The other has a vehicle that has a Bluetooth installed and it disconnects as well. 

Three Moto X Pure Editions all experiencing the same exact issue. We work for a telecommunications company and we're all good at diagnosing and fixing issues like this, but we're all baffled. We know this must be a phone issue as we've all had different phones (G3, G4, Moto X2013) and these issues did not occur on those devices.

Please help!

Options

8 Posts

09-16-2015

United States

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 127

2015-10-13, 18:39 PM
I am having the same dropping issues. My Bluetooth speaker and the Ford Sync in my new F-150 drop constantly or will say searching when it is all on. All of these devices work with my Galaxy 5 and older Moto X (2013). Just seems to be the Moto X (2015) Pure Edition that drops or doesn't pick up on devices.
Options

2 Posts

10-16-2015

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 127

2015-10-16, 6:13 AM
I am also experiencing these drops while connected with headset (plantronics) as well as car (Tesla) It will sometimes occur in under ainute on a phone call, very frustrating...
Options

4 Posts

10-16-2015

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 127

2015-10-16, 17:38 PM

Hi,

I am also having Bluetooth issues with my Moto X Pure. 

I purchased a new Moto X pure a couple weeks ago and it is dropping my Plantronics Voyager Legend ear piece when I am on a call and a new one comes in (regardless if I let it go to voicemail, try to send it to voicemail, rings in the background or I try to switch callers and pick up the new call); when a call comes in (no other call already on the phone) and I depress the call answer button on the Voyager Legend, it picks up and immediately drops to the phone handset. It is also dropping the earpiece at other intermittent times. I have to turn the ear piece off and back on to pick up a call in progress already but, doesn't always work.

Initially I thought my ear piece had just gone bad, even though it worked normally with my Galaxy S5 and I purchased a new Plantronics Voyager Legend and the new unit also has the same issues but, also works great with the Galaxy S5. I am now convinced this is a software issue on the Moto X Pure.

Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Chris

Options

4 Posts

10-16-2015

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 127

2015-10-21, 20:58 PM

Does anyone have a status update on getting the BT fixed?  I use my phone for work and I can't continue to work like this, toally unreliable and embarrasing in front of clients.  Will have to return it if it isn't fixed asap. Shame, I generally like the phone.

Chris

Options

8 Posts

09-16-2015

United States

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 10 of 127

2015-10-21, 21:08 PM

I am wondering the same thing, it seems like it should just be a software issues but I can't seem to make it work no matter what I do. With all the new phones coming out and a few lower priced like this one I am debating switching. Anytime I pause music or audio it disconnects within a minute. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms