Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-04-2017

India

1 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 31 of 37

Re: Bottom Buttons On the Screen Not Responding?

2017-01-04, 20:13 PM

Hi 

I have the moto x style as well, and i am facing the same issue.

on the lock screen the screen is functioning fine

i.e. the camera option from the bottom right or the voice search from the bottom left and even the unlock from the bottom centre

but as soon as my phone is unlocked the bottom part of the screen where the back button the home and the multi window option are completely unresponsive.

this problem randomly occured as it was working fine and it suddenly stopped working in my hand whilst using it, i am quite sure there has been no physical damage or water damage seems to be a software issue

i did visit the service centre and the problem occurred 3 days after my warranty expired i was told that no help could be provided and the screen replacement would cost me 5000INR plus.

i refused the replacement and have been facing the issue for no fault of mine ever since, could i please receive some sort of assistance on this matter.

i can be reached on +91 9819621431

or ziyus.contractor@gmail.com

thanks

ziyus

Options

2 Posts

01-04-2017

India

1 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 32 of 37

2017-01-04, 20:22 PM
Hi Raj could u kindly read the last comment on this thread and reply with a solution as soon as possible, your assistance would be obliged, thanks ziyus
Options

1 Posts

01-08-2017

Argentina

2 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 33 of 37

2017-01-08, 14:13 PM

Hello! I'm having the same problem.. both buttons stoped working. This must be a softw issue. I couldn't find the solution reading all the post for this request.

They simply stopped working.. the phone didn't experience any strange treatment.

Can it be a configuration issue? Changed with the last update? Im having problems with the proximity sensor (gone) and can't receive phone calls either (it just sends me an msm when someone calls me). As u can imagine, i'm a little stressed with this.

Can u help me? This is not a user issue, considering that it happened to more than one.

Thanks, Mariana.

Options

65 Posts

03-30-2016

India

50 Signins

411 Page Views

• Views: 411
  • Message 34 of 37

2017-01-09, 18:53 PM

Hi, (To Both of you)

I'm the guy who had the problem, and I'm having the solution for it too, If you are expecting Raj to help then I guesss he cant because either he has resigned or he's really irresponsibe(as he was with my case), there were no follow up and he behaved like an Top level executive of a Super Evil Corporation.

Coming to your problems, it's not a software issue it's a hardware failure, technically speaking there's an flex cable in the display which connects to the motherboard, it has collpsed or been shaken somehow. If you go to Motorola service center they'll obivously will replace you screen depending upon your warranty coverage and location.

When this problem first occured to me I too felt it's a software failure and resetted my phone several times but nothing came to help.

All I can suggest is to keep your phone properly secured and have a cusion sort of protector.

Hope this helps,

With Regards,

Rohan Singh 

Options

65 Posts

03-30-2016

India

50 Signins

411 Page Views

• Views: 411
  • Message 35 of 37

2017-01-09, 18:56 PM
Hi,
As I see you've mentioned that the problem occurred after the update, then you should visit the service center and explain this can get the software fixed or reset it once.
With Regards,
Rohan Singh
Options

2 Posts

09-12-2017

India

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 36 of 37

2017-09-12, 3:48 AM

I have moto x style 

But my half touch is automatic not working plzz help 

Options

2 Posts

09-12-2017

India

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 37 of 37

2017-09-12, 3:56 AM

Hi 

I have the moto x style as well, and i am facing the same issue.

on the lock screen the screen is functioning fine

i.e. the camera option from the bottom right or the voice search from the bottom left and even the unlock from the bottom centre

but as soon as my phone is unlocked the bottom part of the screen where the back button the home and the multi window option are completely unresponsive.

this problem randomly occured as it was working fine and it suddenly stopped working in my hand whilst using it, i am quite sure there has been no physical damage or water damage seems to be a software issue

i did visit the service centre and the problem occurred 3 days after my warranty expired i was told that no help could be provided and the screen replacement would cost me 5000INR plus.

i refused the replacement and have been facing the issue for no fault of mine ever since, could i please receive some sort of assistance on this matter.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms