Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

06-11-2015

United States of America

35 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 271 of 353

Re: Choppy call audio after MM upgrade w/VoLTE

2016-07-06, 23:25 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I bought the the X Pure for traveling.  The Nexus 6 that I was offered doesn't meet those needs.  It would be a 200GB storage downgrade and some radio bands are missing.  The other alternative that I was offered was "Wait for N."

I know Rebecca reached out to you a couple of times. She said the conversation was short -- you had already decided to modify your software. I'll have another agent reach out.

Hi Matt. I'd appreciate it if I could also be contacted by an agent. My previous discussion with an online rep suggested I send my phone in for repair, which I know will not fix the issue. I'd like to know what options Moto can possibly offer me. Thanks a lot. 

Options

1 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 272 of 353

2016-07-08, 12:46 PM

Hello Matt,

I have recently purchased the MotoX pure edition in the past month and have started experiencing the same popping noises while on call that people seem to be experiencing on this forum.

Is there anything you can do to resolve this issue?

I live in 15226 and Serial No. is -TA08403U8Z.

Thanks a lot!

Options

1 Posts

07-12-2016

United States of America

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 273 of 353

2016-07-12, 2:50 AM

I just purchased the phone and have received a replacement phone that has the same issue as described in the forum. Glad I discovered the forum. I am a Tmobile customer in the north metro Atlanta, GA area that is having this issue.  I love the phone, but this unresolved issue may be a dealbreaker.

Options

33 Posts

03-04-2016

Earth

68 Signins

393 Page Views

• Views: 393
  • Message 274 of 353

2016-07-21, 3:03 AM

Hello Motorola. Any news on the pending Android N update?

Options

11 Posts

04-26-2016

United States of America

14 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 275 of 353

2016-07-21, 15:40 PM

Is Motorola considering partial refunds for these phones? I was contacted and offered the choice of either a Nexus 6 (an offer to downgrade, seriously Motorola?) or a complete refund. While I appreciate the extension of a refund offer, I believe it is a little backhanded as Motorola knows full well that this requires the user to locate and buy a new phone which is highly inconvenient. I saw Best Buy had a promo for the MXPE 16GB model for $230 a few weeks ago.

I think a $75-100 rebate for those of us who bought the 16GB model for $300 and wish to not be forced to quickly have to locate a new phone is fair. I think that accurately represents the cost of the annoyances caused by having inoperable VoLTE and various Bluetooth stability problems, along with absolutely no precise timeline from Motorola as to when the VoLTE issue will be resolved (my assumption is it will not be fixed).

Options

82 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

148 Signins

2068 Page Views

• Views: 2068
  • Message 276 of 353

2016-07-21, 15:52 PM

wrote:

Is Motorola considering partial refunds for these phones? I was contacted and offered the choice of either a Nexus 6 (an offer to downgrade, seriously Motorola?) or a complete refund. While I appreciate the extension of a refund offer, I believe it is a little backhanded as Motorola knows full well that this requires the user to locate and buy a new phone which is highly inconvenient. I saw Best Buy had a promo for the MXPE 16GB model for $230 a few weeks ago.

I think a $75-100 rebate for those of us who bought the 16GB model for $300 and wish to not be forced to quickly have to locate a new phone is fair. I think that accurately represents the cost of the annoyances caused by having inoperable VoLTE and various Bluetooth stability problems, along with absolutely no precise timeline from Motorola as to when the VoLTE issue will be resolved (my assumption is it will not be fixed).

Not only that but their refund policy takes 4 to 6 weeks and hopefully they don't botch that.

Response Via Email (Rachel)06/30/2016 12:41 PM
Dear Greg Dodd,

We have received your request for a refund. We need you to provide a prove of purchase and you need to sent the device back to us.Please be aware that Motorola's refunds are processed via a direct deposit to your bank. As the identification of both parties involved in the process is confirmed prior to transfer, this is considered a very safe method of refunding customers.

To process this transaction we will require that you provide certain information to us. PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE INFORMATION BY EMAIL. The information we need to process your refund by EFT is:
Name on account
Bank name
Bank address
Branch name
Branch number
Account number
Routing number
Bank account type

You may call us with the information at (866) 861-8157. You should receive your refund in 4-6 weeks after we submit your information to the refund department.

Thank you for choosing Motorola and have a nice day.

Rachel
Motorola Customer Care
Executive Customer Relations
 Customer By Email (Greg Dodd)06/30/2016 09:47 AM
I received a call from Rebecca of Motorola. She offered me a refund on my
phone. Can someone explain the process for obtaining a refund to me. How
long does this process take?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Motorola <
motorola_global_eng@mailwc.custhelp.com@> wrote:

Options

26 Posts

09-05-2015

Colombia

30 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 277 of 353

2016-07-21, 15:58 PM

Is the above for real!?@#

No way would I be giving motorola/lenovo my bank account info.  Proper refunds are issued by company check!!!!!

Either that or provide them with a credit card number they can issue a credit to.

This is identity theft waiting to happen!

FAIL FAIL FAIL!

Options

35 Posts

06-11-2015

United States of America

35 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 278 of 353

2016-07-21, 17:51 PM

wrote:

I agree with this suggestion. I've been trying to sell my MXPE 16gb for a while now (which cost me $326 to my door in late March) and I don't think I'll get any offers until I drop my price to at least $250. A partial refund from Moto of $75 is merely breaking even (financially), I'll eat the annoyance cost at this point. 

However, I have faith that nothing will be coming my way from LenovoMoto other than the silent treatment. Ah well, I've continuously got 99 problems, I don't plan to let LenovoMoto's poor support of their products be one of them. My XT1095 running CM13 is a near-flawless experience, I'll be a Moto user until it dies, at which time I'll be getting whatever similar-sized Nexus phone is out. The upcoming Nexus "Sailfish" will probably do nicely. 

Options

6 Posts

05-12-2014

USA

9 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 279 of 353

2016-08-05, 19:07 PM

I've had my Moto X Pure for a couple months and recently switched to T-Mobile.   My call quality is now miserable.  Has there been any resolution to this case?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 280 of 353

2016-08-05, 19:32 PM

wrote:

I've had my Moto X Pure for a couple months and recently switched to T-Mobile.   My call quality is now miserable.  Has there been any resolution to this case?

Disabling VoLTE has been the resolution for some. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms