Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: Default Android lock screen showing instead of the Moto one

2016-07-30, 18:12 PM

The only time the Moto Lock screen will show if the screen is turned off. If you are on the phone and the screen is dark the phone is still active and the Android lock screen will show. If the phone is being used in any way then the Android lock screen will be displayed. I hope this clears it up for you.

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Are you stating a fact or your personal opinion? I can't tell.

I just gave an example of this default lock screen pops up consistently, but it also happens, sporadically, during normal use. Yesterday I made a long call during which the screen turned off. When I tried to wake screen up after the call ended the default lock screen showed.

Did you press the power button?

No I didn't. I use the bumper case that came boxed with the phone. Those power/volume buttons are recessed with the bumber case on, which make it harder to press by mistake.

I appreciate the long, detailed answer. I know how the Moto Display feature works.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

32 Posts

07-12-2016

Israel

310 Signins

2364 Page Views

• Views: 2364
  • Message 12 of 16

2016-07-31, 20:15 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Are you stating a fact or your personal opinion? I can't tell.

I just gave an example of this default lock screen pops up consistently, but it also happens, sporadically, during normal use. Yesterday I made a long call during which the screen turned off. When I tried to wake screen up after the call ended the default lock screen showed.

That's a fact. You said you tried to wake the screen. How exactly did you wake the screen?

I tapped the screen to wake it up.

Options

532 Posts

12-01-2013

United States

115 Signins

858 Page Views

• Views: 858
  • Message 13 of 16

2016-07-31, 21:37 PM

You've got it all wrong. Tapping on the screen wouldn't wake it up. The only way to bring up moto display is to either wave to wake, tilt to wake or wait for a notification to show up.

Options

32 Posts

07-12-2016

Israel

310 Signins

2364 Page Views

• Views: 2364
  • Message 14 of 16

2016-08-04, 20:26 PM

wrote:

You've got it all wrong. Tapping on the screen wouldn't wake it up. The only way to bring up moto display is to either wave to wake, tilt to wake or wait for a notification to show up.

Yeah, you're right about that. I'm still learning. It did wake up the screen when the sensors picked up my hand above the screen after a few taps, I guess. And that doesn't change the fact that and the lock screen was the default android lock screen.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 15 of 16

2016-08-04, 20:44 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Yeah, you're right about that. I'm still learning. It did wake up the screen when the sensors picked up my hand above the screen after a few taps, I guess. And that doesn't change the fact that and the lock screen was the default android lock screen.

You could try safe mode and a reset if nothing else. No one else is reporting an issue, and honestly, if i waved my hand and saw the android lock screen instead of the moto screen, I wouldn't care. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

1270 Posts

11-15-2013

United States of America

440 Signins

4527 Page Views

• Views: 4527
  • Message 16 of 16

2016-08-04, 20:48 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Former LG KnockOn user?

If you're tapping the screen, watch your index finger (left hand) or thumb (right hand).  Those can inadvertently depress the power button while you're bracing the phone while tapping.

But, don't tap.  Just wave in front of the screen.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms