Options

5 Posts

08-16-2017

United States of America

10 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 1 of 4

Defective Micro USB Charging port, is it physical damage? If so how much to replace it?

2017-11-10, 16:36 PM

My micro USB charging port on my phone suddenly is deteriorating and can only charge my phone with turbo charge and only with the phone elevated top upwards with the port on the surface. The micro USB port is loose and can't hold the USB in enough to charge steadily.

But I'm not sure if it's physical damage, as the port isn't badly scratched or bent, it appears fine. But all cords won't charge it, while working on other devices. Although in general my phone has never liked regular cords, it would charge then not charge with them. So I'm not sure if this just happened or was happening for awhile and hadn't effected the phone fully till now.

If it is physical damage, how much is it to replace it?

This is my third phone already, I'm kinda just tired of it breaking.. First three times all had screen/software issues upon getting them. This one was the first one not to have erratic screen/software issues but appears to have a weaker micro USB port than my others.

Solved! See the solution
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Defective Micro USB Charging port, is it physical damage? If so how much to replace it?

2017-11-10, 16:40 PM

wrote:

My micro USB charging port on my phone suddenly is deteriorating and can only charge my phone with turbo charge and only with the phone elevated top upwards with the port on the surface. The micro USB port is loose and can't hold the USB in enough to charge steadily.

But I'm not sure if it's physical damage, as the port isn't badly scratched or bent, it appears fine. But all cords won't charge it, while working on other devices. Although in general my phone has never liked regular cords, it would charge then not charge with them. So I'm not sure if this just happened or was happening for awhile and hadn't effected the phone fully till now.

If it is physical damage, how much is it to replace it?

This is my third phone already, I'm kinda just tired of it breaking.. First three times all had screen/software issues upon getting them. This one was the first one not to have erratic screen/software issues but appears to have a weaker micro USB port than my others.

You would have to contact Moto support for pricing. I believe the entire motherboard is replaced, but it may be a flat fee service. 

If you follow the support link at the top, you can get to support options to ask (chat, email, phone)

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

08-16-2017

United States of America

10 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Defective Micro USB Charging port, is it physical damage? If so how much to replace it?

2017-11-10, 16:43 PM
Alright will do!
I've thought it was physical but wasn't sure, I'll see if I can look for that then.
Options

16 Posts

08-10-2016

India

26 Signins

336 Page Views

• Views: 336
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-11-18, 12:28 PM

try this,

The tiny tines get smashed down over time a already fixed this one.

watch this on youtube channel BriParVideos , Fix Loose Micro Mini USB - 3 Minute Repair - DIY

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms