Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mscir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,277
Message 1 of 3

Format / Move Google Search Bar (Pie)

I just upgraded my Moto X4 to Pie and saw that the google search bar is at the bottom of the home screen. I use the dark mode (black background) and would like to use a darker background color than white for the search bar, as well as making it less tall, and moing it to the top of the screen. I use the other icons at the bottom far more than the search bar. Is it possible to moe, and or format the search bar?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,183
Message 2 of 3

Re: Format / Move Google Search Bar (Pie)

@mscir wrote:

I just upgraded my Moto X4 to Pie and saw that the google search bar is at the bottom of the home screen. I use the dark mode (black background) and would like to use a darker background color than white for the search bar, as well as making it less tall, and moing it to the top of the screen. I use the other icons at the bottom far more than the search bar. Is it possible to moe, and or format the search bar?

If you can't change the launcher to your liking, try another launcher like Nova - it lets you customize everything. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
mscir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,177
Message 3 of 3

Re: Format / Move Google Search Bar (Pie)

I tried Nova Launcher but it didn't show green notification dots on the mail or text icons on the home screen as Moto Launcher does and I didn't find a quick way to do that so I uninstalled it. I did more searching after your post and found that it can be configured to do that, so I'll give it another try, thanks.

https://www.howtogeek.com/254182/the-five-best-features-of-nova-launcher/

Top Kudoed Authors