Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-13-2016

United States of America

1 Signins

27 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎04-13-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 18

Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-04-13, 22:53 PM

Hey everyone,

 

I'm pretty frustrated by my whole Motorola support experience and I've been forced to reconsider ever buying from the company again.

 

My original 2015 Moto X from Motomaker started getting screen issues with flickering down the entire right side, so I submitted a claim for a replacement. They sent me a replacement after it was customized but the phone wouldn't accept any SIM cards- not even new ones from T-Mobile. Support refused to send me another replacement until this 1st broken replacement arrived back at the warehouse. So I did that, and after a couple weeks, they sent another replacement. This 2nd replacement arrived but the screen is completely dead- wouldn't even display anything out of the box with no way of factory resetting. Support again refused to send a new replacement until this 2nd one arrived back at their warehouse. Now they've taken upwards of a week to generate a shipping label to send that one back and escalations to their "managers" has done nothing.

 

During this entire span of about 1.5 months, I was forced to go buy a temporary phone. Not only that, but Motorola charged me the full price of the replacement since they haven't received the original defective phone. I've spent hours & hours on the phone and via email with support and they've been rude, forgettful and unaccomodating. In fact, this is by far the worst support experience I've had with any company in my lifetime. After looking through Better Business Bureau reviews, looks like I'm not the only one who has gone through this. 

 

Any ideas on ways I can finally resolve this issue? I'm tempted just to bring my lawyer in or submit an inquiry to some consumer watchdog groups.  Thanks!

 

RMAs: 

160226-004276

160213-010098

 

Reply
Options

22 Posts

03-17-2016

Az

46 Signins

522 Page Views

  • Posts: 22
  • Registered: ‎03-17-2016
  • Location: Az
  • Views: 522
  • Message 2 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-04-14, 0:52 AM

I agree. Have had similar experience with Moto repair. I am now waiting for my fourth replacement G3, as the first was returned to me which said the sides keys were repaired. There was nothing wrong with them but the real problem was ignored. Check my post:   https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-3rd-Gen/LOOKING-For-MOTO-UPPER-MANAGEMENT/td-p/3304670

Next phone was "locked" and had to send back and the most recent had a shattered ear seal.

 

As I said in my post, the Ft Worth repair center is totally incompetent. They don't repair, but redistribute broken phones. 

 

Moto moderaor Liz has been helpfull in getting another replacement phone sent (after waiting over two weeks) but who knows what condition that will be in.

 

I don't understand why Moto does not reconize the hugh problem they have in Ft Worth. I was looking to a Moto X for my next phone but will think twice now.

Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 3 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-04-29, 19:12 PM

wrote:

Hey everyone,

 

I'm pretty frustrated by my whole Motorola support experience and I've been forced to reconsider ever buying from the company again.

 

My original 2015 Moto X from Motomaker started getting screen issues with flickering down the entire right side, so I submitted a claim for a replacement. They sent me a replacement after it was customized but the phone wouldn't accept any SIM cards- not even new ones from T-Mobile. Support refused to send me another replacement until this 1st broken replacement arrived back at the warehouse. So I did that, and after a couple weeks, they sent another replacement. This 2nd replacement arrived but the screen is completely dead- wouldn't even display anything out of the box with no way of factory resetting. Support again refused to send a new replacement until this 2nd one arrived back at their warehouse. Now they've taken upwards of a week to generate a shipping label to send that one back and escalations to their "managers" has done nothing.

 

During this entire span of about 1.5 months, I was forced to go buy a temporary phone. Not only that, but Motorola charged me the full price of the replacement since they haven't received the original defective phone. I've spent hours & hours on the phone and via email with support and they've been rude, forgettful and unaccomodating. In fact, this is by far the worst support experience I've had with any company in my lifetime. After looking through Better Business Bureau reviews, looks like I'm not the only one who has gone through this. 

 

Any ideas on ways I can finally resolve this issue? I'm tempted just to bring my lawyer in or submit an inquiry to some consumer watchdog groups.  Thanks!

 

RMAs: 

160226-004276

160213-010098

 


Were your issues resolved?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

22 Posts

03-17-2016

Az

46 Signins

522 Page Views

  • Posts: 22
  • Registered: ‎03-17-2016
  • Location: Az
  • Views: 522
  • Message 4 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-04-30, 17:02 PM

Removed for violation of site rules regarding soliciting. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/32697040) Please follow all rules if you want to participate. Thanks. - Matt (Forums Manager)

Reply
Options

138 Posts

10-22-2015

United States of America

110 Signins

1282 Page Views

  • Posts: 138
  • Registered: ‎10-22-2015
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 1282
  • Message 5 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-04-30, 17:55 PM

If this is what it takes to make Lenovo realize that customer service and support is a HUGE factor, then it has to be done.
Personally I am very pleased with my phone. However, I doubt I will buy another one because if I am unlucky and get one that has a problem, I have no confidence that it will be resolved and/or resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

Reply
Options

22 Posts

03-17-2016

Az

46 Signins

522 Page Views

  • Posts: 22
  • Registered: ‎03-17-2016
  • Location: Az
  • Views: 522
  • Message 6 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-04-30, 19:30 PM

Took me 7 weeks, and my 4th replacement was good. Still trying to get my money back as Moto charged me twice for defective replacements. They said three times they were refunding it but no go!

Reply
Options

89 Posts

01-27-2016

United States

130 Signins

1258 Page Views

  • Posts: 89
  • Registered: ‎01-27-2016
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 1258
  • Message 7 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-05-01, 3:55 AM

I'm really afraid what will happen with my phone too. I've had it for a little over  3 months, it is in for a repair for the second time, for the same issue - defective display . The first time they returned it fast, but barely 2 weeks after the screen got the same issue. Now I am afraid that after they return it to me, it will brake a third time . So far I have owned the phone for almost 4 months, and if they return this current repair within the next week, it will be almost 1 month in total repairs and 3 months of usage - 1 quarted of the total time for repairs ( including shipping and all). And after reading about all the cases where people have to send their phones again and again I am pretty scared, almost want a refund and to move on to another device. I hope it works out this time ,but Lenovo and Moto need to really do something about quality control ot they will lose customers fast. I surely ain't recommending a Moto to anyone,as a matter of fact ,a friend just switched from iphone to Android and she asked me whether I was happy with my device,I just told her to get the LG V10,since I am not sure whether her moto won't defect a bunch of times like mine did...

Reply
Options

642 Posts

06-15-2015

184 Signins

2513 Page Views

  • Posts: 642
  • Registered: ‎06-15-2015
  • Location:
  • Views: 2513
  • Message 8 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-05-03, 20:04 PM

wrote:

I'm really afraid what will happen with my phone too. I've had it for a little over  3 months, it is in for a repair for the second time, for the same issue - defective display . The first time they returned it fast, but barely 2 weeks after the screen got the same issue. Now I am afraid that after they return it to me, it will brake a third time . So far I have owned the phone for almost 4 months, and if they return this current repair within the next week, it will be almost 1 month in total repairs and 3 months of usage - 1 quarted of the total time for repairs ( including shipping and all). And after reading about all the cases where people have to send their phones again and again I am pretty scared, almost want a refund and to move on to another device. I hope it works out this time ,but Lenovo and Moto need to really do something about quality control ot they will lose customers fast. I surely ain't recommending a Moto to anyone,as a matter of fact ,a friend just switched from iphone to Android and she asked me whether I was happy with my device,I just told her to get the LG V10,since I am not sure whether her moto won't defect a bunch of times like mine did...


Let me send your concerns over to our India team.  Do you have a current repair order number you would like to provide.

Reply
Options

89 Posts

01-27-2016

United States

130 Signins

1258 Page Views

  • Posts: 89
  • Registered: ‎01-27-2016
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 1258
  • Message 9 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-05-04, 2:34 AM
India team ? What is India team ?My phone is in repair facility in Texas,(was delivered Friday by FedEx,just received email on Tuesday that it has arrived ?!?! ) ,I live in Florida, why would you send me to India team ?

Serial Number : 358986060601257
Motorola Tracking Number (RMA) : 160421-017157
Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 10 of 18

Re: Help! Stuck in two month support purgatory & they keep sending me broken phones!

2016-05-04, 12:17 PM

wrote:
India team ? What is India team ?My phone is in repair facility in Texas,(was delivered Friday by FedEx,just received email on Tuesday that it has arrived ?!?! ) ,I live in Florida, why would you send me to India team ?

Serial Number : 358986060601257
Motorola Tracking Number (RMA) : 160421-017157

RMA # will reveal the info that needs--no need to freak out :)

 

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms