Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

1799 Posts

08-22-2010

United States of America

221 Signins

3080 Page Views

  • Posts: 1799
  • Registered: ‎08-22-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 3080
  • Message 91 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 16:44 PM

princesspooh said:



Matt (Forums Manager) said:


By the way, I did put my AT&T SIM in the phone (and moved my VZW SIM into Nexus 6) and it was easy-peasy. Worked without any issues.




Woo hoo!



Now all I have to do is wait for my phone to materialize, Verizon to whitelist the phone so I can activate it (no nano SIM in my current Verizon phone), and I will be in business!!



Thanks for the update, Matt! yes


View original


My latest conversation with VZ CS this morning revealed they do have the IMEI of my phone listed even though I just put the nano sim from my Maxx in the Pure.  The CS rep read the IMEI they had for me in their system and is was the Puer.  Still listed as a non-verizon device in My Verizon though but it is fully functional.



Lew

Reply
Options

27 Posts

09-16-2015

United States

10 Signins

112 Page Views

  • Posts: 27
  • Registered: ‎09-16-2015
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 112
  • Message 92 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 18:22 PM

Coming from a LG G2, I was able to fit five icons across the home screen, and even 6 icons in the favorites row at the bottom.  On the Moto XPE, only 4 icons fit across a row with 5 in the favorites row, despite the bigger screen.



Is there a way to allow for more icons by perhaps shrinking the size of the icons via a setting?  I know the Galaxy S6 has this feature.

Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 93 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 18:40 PM

NJBoy07052 said:


Coming from a LG G2, I was able to fit five icons across the home screen, and even 6 icons in the favorites row at the bottom.  On the Moto XPE, only 4 icons fit across a row with 5 in the favorites row, despite the bigger screen.



Is there a way to allow for more icons by perhaps shrinking the size of the icons via a setting?  I know the Galaxy S6 has this feature.


View original


3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher :)

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

85 Posts

06-14-2011

United States

12 Signins

195 Page Views

  • Posts: 85
  • Registered: ‎06-14-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 195
  • Message 94 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 18:46 PM

eaccents said:



NJBoy07052 said:


Coming from a LG G2, I was able to fit five icons across the home screen, and even 6 icons in the favorites row at the bottom.  On the Moto XPE, only 4 icons fit across a row with 5 in the favorites row, despite the bigger screen.



Is there a way to allow for more icons by perhaps shrinking the size of the icons via a setting?  I know the Galaxy S6 has this feature.


View original


3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher :)


View original


This /\. Great launcher.

Reply
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

  • Posts: 13997
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 2684
  • Message 95 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 18:49 PM

mikejfagan said:



eaccents said:



NJBoy07052 said:


Coming from a LG G2, I was able to fit five icons across the home screen, and even 6 icons in the favorites row at the bottom.  On the Moto XPE, only 4 icons fit across a row with 5 in the favorites row, despite the bigger screen.



Is there a way to allow for more icons by perhaps shrinking the size of the icons via a setting?  I know the Galaxy S6 has this feature.


View original


3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher :)


View original


This /\. Great launcher.


View original


I just love how versatile and robust this launcher is!  Icon size, number of rows and columns, icon packs, etc.  Completely customizable!!!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Reply
Options

164 Posts

12-15-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 164
  • Registered: ‎12-15-2014
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 96 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 19:45 PM

NJBoy07052 said:


Coming from a LG G2, I was able to fit five icons across the home screen, and even 6 icons in the favorites row at the bottom.  On the Moto XPE, only 4 icons fit across a row with 5 in the favorites row, despite the bigger screen.



Is there a way to allow for more icons by perhaps shrinking the size of the icons via a setting?  I know the Galaxy S6 has this feature.


View original


I use KK launcher on my Nexus 6. It allows you to shrink the size of your favorites down on the dock. I have nine including the app drawer icon. That's nine in a row along the bottom.

Reply
Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2605 Signins

65408 Page Views

  • Posts: 20127
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 65408
  • Message 97 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 20:06 PM

Since I'm not the only one with the Pure now, I'm going to lock the thread to keep it from being a catch-all for comments. Thanks for the great questions!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

164 Posts

12-15-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 164
  • Registered: ‎12-15-2014
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 98 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 20:08 PM

Sorry Matt, we drifted there talking about launchers. Thanks for your service.

Reply
Options

55 Posts

09-12-2015

United States of America

24 Signins

235 Page Views

  • Posts: 55
  • Registered: ‎09-12-2015
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 235
  • Message 99 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 23:17 PM

Pinoymutt said:


Is there a chance you could post a pic of your phone with the included clear bumper (or at the very least a picture of the bumper)?  Very curious to see how it looks on the phone, or if I should start shopping for a new case!


View original


I have the bumper on the phone till i get my case.  I suggest shopping for a clear case or frost?  I want a gel case and am waiting for them to get made from bemz? on Amazon.

Reply
Options

55 Posts

09-12-2015

United States of America

24 Signins

235 Page Views

  • Posts: 55
  • Registered: ‎09-12-2015
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 235
  • Message 100 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-16, 23:18 PM

Pinoymutt said:


Is there a chance you could post a pic of your phone with the included clear bumper (or at the very least a picture of the bumper)?  Very curious to see how it looks on the phone, or if I should start shopping for a new case!


View original


I have the bumper on the phone till i get my case.  I suggest shopping for a clear case or frost?  I want a gel case and am waiting for them to get made from bemz? on Amazon.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms