2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 81 of 103

Re: I actually have one, so ask away...

2015-09-13, 20:34 PM

Vadim1 said:

Hello,

Could you please let me know how easy (if possible at all) replacing its non removable battery would be ?

Thanks,

View original

Since the Forum House Rules prevent discussions about modifying the phone in any way (hardware or software), the only answer to your question that's obtainable in this forum is that the battery is not user-replaceable, and opening the phone will void your warranty.

For what it's worth, topping off your battery whenever it's convenient will prolong the overall life of your battery.  I have phones that are older than 4 years, and the battery still works fine.

Options

3 Posts

09-13-2015

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 82 of 103

2015-09-13, 20:49 PM

crystallet said:

Vadim1 said:

Hello,

Could you please let me know how easy (if possible at all) replacing its non removable battery would be ?

Thanks,

View original

Since the Forum House Rules prevent discussions about modifying the phone in any way (hardware or software), the only answer to your question that's obtainable in this forum is that the battery is not user-replaceable, and opening the phone will void your warranty.

For what it's worth, topping off your battery whenever it's convenient will prolong the overall life of your battery.  I have phones that are older than 4 years, and the battery still works fine.

View original

Thanks,

I did not know my question was going against the forum rules.sad That means I will have to get an answer elsewhere.

As for topping off the battery, I hardly believe it could last as long as that. At some point, it barely holds the charge, thus making me choose between replacing it (one year would be the max in my case) or getting a new phone.

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 83 of 103

2015-09-13, 21:37 PM

Vadim1 said:

crystallet said:

Vadim1 said:

Hello,

Thanks,

View original

View original

Thanks,

I did not know my question was going against the forum rules.sad That means I will have to get an answer elsewhere.

As for topping off the battery, I hardly believe it could last as long as that. At some point, it barely holds the charge, thus making me choose between replacing it (one year would be the max in my case) or getting a new phone.

View original

There are lots of battery discussions in this forum, probably in every phone community.  If you're in the habit of draining the battery to zero, then the overall life of the battery will be reduced.  Topping off the battery when convenient is the practice that will prolong the overall life of the battery, even if the battery is registering more than 50%.  We have some very heavy users in here who are not complaining that their battery failed after such a short period of time.

Calibrating the battery is performed by charging it to 100% and then leaving it on the charger for several hours more.

I've been hanging around this forum since 2011, and have not heard complaints that batteries are failing after a year (although batteries do occasionally fail).  It just makes me wonder why it happens to you regularly, and what we can do to help break that cycle for you.

If you'd like to open a new thread with your battery questions, we'll take a look at screenshots of your battery performance and see if we can find a clue as to why you're not getting the expected performance.

Options

3 Posts

09-13-2015

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 84 of 103

2015-09-13, 22:11 PM

There are lots of battery discussions in this forum, probably in every phone community.  If you're in the habit of draining the battery to zero, then the overall life of the battery will be reduced.  Topping off the battery when convenient is the practice that will prolong the overall life of the battery, even if the battery is registering more than 50%.  We have some very heavy users in here who are not complaining that their battery failed after such a short period of time.

Calibrating the battery is performed by charging it to 100% and then leaving it on the charger for several hours more.

I've been hanging around this forum since 2011, and have not heard complaints that batteries are failing after a year (although batteries do occasionally fail).  It just makes me wonder why it happens to you regularly, and what we can do to help break that cycle for you.

If you'd like to open a new thread with your battery questions, we'll take a look at screenshots of your battery performance and see if we can find a clue as to why you're not getting the expected performance.

View original

Frankly speaking, I have never had to replace a Motorola battery. But I did have to deal with Samsung ones and they never really impressed me, though I don't drain the battery to zero.

Thanks for the advice, I will take it into consideration.

Options

329 Posts

06-02-2010

United States

16 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 85 of 103

2015-09-15, 16:19 PM

Matt,

Does the Pure do "ascending volume" for ringtones and notifications? (The first couple seconds of a ringtone or notification tone play at reduced volume).

There was an active discussion about this problem on the 2014 Moto X and the problem never went away.

I'm curious to see if the Pure has the same issue (or "feature" LOL).

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 86 of 103

2015-09-15, 16:21 PM

zizzybaloobah said:

Matt,

Does the Pure do "ascending volume" for ringtones and notifications? (The first couple seconds of a ringtone or notification tone play at reduced volume).

There was an active discussion about this problem on the 2014 Moto X and the problem never went away.

I'm curious to see if the Pure has the same issue (or "feature" LOL).

View original

It's still there.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

329 Posts

06-02-2010

United States

16 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 87 of 103

2015-09-15, 17:24 PM

That's VERY disappointing. crying

Options

19367 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2390 Signins

59373 Page Views

• Views: 59373
  • Message 88 of 103

2015-09-16, 15:17 PM

Vadim1 said:

Hello,

Thanks,

View original

It's not at all recommended for an end-user. It will void your warranty and possibly ruin your phone to attempt it. Good news is, not likely to be necessary. Most phones do not outlive their battery. It generally takes 500 charges (about 18 months) before you would possibly even notice a significant loss in battery life, if then.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19367 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2390 Signins

59373 Page Views

• Views: 59373
  • Message 89 of 103

2015-09-16, 15:19 PM

By the way, I did put my AT&T SIM in the phone (and moved my VZW SIM into Nexus 6) and it was easy-peasy. Worked without any issues.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

279 Posts

04-28-2011

US

40 Signins

977 Page Views

• Views: 977
  • Message 90 of 103

2015-09-16, 15:27 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

By the way, I did put my AT&T SIM in the phone (and moved my VZW SIM into Nexus 6) and it was easy-peasy. Worked without any issues.

Woo hoo!

Now all I have to do is wait for my phone to materialize, Verizon to whitelist the phone so I can activate it (no nano SIM in my current Verizon phone), and I will be in business!!

Thanks for the update, Matt! yes

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete