Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

49 Signins

454 Page Views

• Views: 454
  • Message 1 of 7

Issues after Nougat update

2017-11-25, 10:00 AM

Hi. After updating my Moto X Pure to Nougat just the other day, I noticed some issues. When I go into settings, Bluetooth is being listed as "disconnected" yet when I click on Bluetooth it shows the slider is in the on position. What's up with that and does anyone else have the same issue? Also the battery that once charged very fast is now charging very slowly. Is there anyay to go back to Mashmallow? At this point I regret updating. I mean geez, doesn't Motorola/Lenovo test these things out? I liked the previous "stitch" start up screen and now I get this "hello Moto" voice baloney. Can that be changed?

Options

547 Posts

10-09-2015

United States of America

912 Signins

22061 Page Views

• Views: 22061
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Issues after Nougat update

2017-11-25, 13:32 PM

wrote:

Hi. After updating my Moto X Pure to Nougat just the other day, I noticed some issues. When I go into settings, Bluetooth is being listed as "disconnected" yet when I click on Bluetooth it shows the slider is in the on position. What's up with that and does anyone else have the same issue?

Do you mean it is turned on when you tap on the pull down shade icon? (Which does turn it on when tapping there.)

Or, do you mean going into actual settings (cog wheel), Bluetooth shows as Disabled, but when you tap on that, the slider is showing as on?

If it is the former, that is normal. If it is the latter, that isn't normal behavior.

Also the battery that once charged very fast is now charging very slowly. Is there anyay to go back to Mashmallow?

I'm afraid I can't speak to battery charging level... my battery seems to be charging normally. I know from reading other threads, that some have mentioned their turbo charging cord turned out to be bad. You can't roll back to Marshmallow, unfortunately.

At this point I regret updating. I mean geez, doesn't Motorola/Lenovo test these things out? I liked the previous "stitch" start up screen and now I get this "hello Moto" voice baloney. Can that be changed?

You can turn off the sound from the "Hello Moto" boot animation through Settings>Sound>Power up sound. Move the slider to off. However, you cannot get rid of the Hello Moto boot animation...

Have you tried wiping your partition cache? How does your phone behave while in safe mode?

Sent via Pixie Dust from Somewhere over Never, Neverland...
Options

35 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

49 Signins

454 Page Views

• Views: 454
  • Message 3 of 7

2017-11-26, 9:44 AM

Thanks for the reply, it is greatly appreciated!

Yes... when I go into the actual settings (cog wheel), Bluetooth shows as Disabled, but when I tap on that, the slider is showing as on.

The battery charging slowly... I have two turbo chargers and I doubt both are bad. It's odd that the charging issue started immediately after the update. I would say this thing would charge to full in about an hour before the update, maybe slightly more , but now it takes much longer.

Thanks to your help I got the annoying "Hello Moto" greeting turned off.

I don't know how to wipe the partition cache and don't know how to get into safe mode. Would either of these steps compromise my apps, pictures, contacts, settings, etc. on the phone? What does wiping the partition cache do?

Options

547 Posts

10-09-2015

United States of America

912 Signins

22061 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2017-11-26, 14:12 PM

This link will explain how to "effectively" boot into safe mode, and what you want to do while you are in safe mode: 

What is safe mode and how do I use it?

In terms of wiping your cache partition...

You can wipe the cache partition to help resolve many phone quirks, especially after a major update. Actually, you should clear the cache partition after any major Android update.

Sometimes, Moto X owners feel the phone is less responsive even if the OS upgrade is meant to allow the device to run smoother and/or more quickly.

These may include issues like battery drain or charging issues, and which can be caused by fragmented bits and pieces (yes, that’s my technical terminology :smileywink:) left behind in your cache partition.

Wiping the cache partition does NOT affect any of your settings. It does NOT delete your files or accounts or apps, though you may likely have to sign into most of your accounts again… and some custom ringtones may need to be reset (especially if they are not in the correct folders to begin with).

In short, clearing cache partition is totally different from a factory data reset, which will erase all your data, apps and settings.

Clear Cache Partition - MOTO X PURE EDITION

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
  4. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
  6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  7. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Options

603 Posts

07-06-2010

United States of America

1317 Signins

18729 Page Views

• Views: 18729
  • Message 5 of 7

2017-11-27, 0:02 AM

I don't know how to wipe the partition cache and don't know how to get into safe mode.

> Would either of these steps compromise my apps, pictures, contacts, settings, etc. on the phone?

> What does wiping the partition cache do?

Hi - The "cache partition" is basically, a "scratch pad" area Android and various apps use to save loading time and temporarily store working files you don't need to see - a shirtsleeve & imperfect description, but close enough to work with.  Clearing it won't affect your apps, stored pictures or anything else.  It just 'cleans house' and is a real good idea, especially after a major update.  Stuff left over from other versions CAN cause odd problems like the one you';re having.  Instructions for how to do that are here ...

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/Solution/MS107107

The Marshmallow Instructions work fine under the Nougat update.

"Safe Mode" simply temporarily disables any apps you've downloaded from the Play Store or alsewhere, and while you can't USE those apps in Safe Mode, it destoys nothing.  It gives you an indication whether the Bluetooth issues you're having are being caused by the phone and its software (you'll still have the problem in Safe Mode), or by apps you've installed (the problem goes away).  To get into that, press the power button, and touch and HOLD the option to "Power Off."  You'll then have the option to boot into Safe Mode.  After you're done testing, just turn it off and back on again, and you'll be back to normal.

I'd clear the cache partition FIRST, see if the problem disappears, and then do a test in Safe Mode.  Let us know what happens.

Options

547 Posts

10-09-2015

United States of America

912 Signins

22061 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2017-11-27, 0:10 AM

Sometimes this quirky website drives me to drink...

My first post (which actually posted earlier -- as I checked -- but later got booted for "who-knows-why") is being copied again below.

Hopefully you'll get to see it this time...

This link will explain how to "effectively" boot into safe mode, and what you want to do while you are in safe mode: 

What is safe mode and how do I use it?

In terms of wiping your cache partition...

You can wipe the cache partition to help resolve many phone quirks, especially after a major update. Actually, you should clear the cache partition after any major Android update.

Sometimes, Moto X owners feel the phone is less responsive even if the OS upgrade is meant to allow the device to run smoother and/or more quickly.

These may include issues like battery drain or charging issues, and which can be caused by fragmented bits and pieces (yes, that’s my technical terminology :smileywink: ) left behind in your partition cache.

Wiping the cache partition does NOT affect any of your settings. It does NOT delete your files or accounts or apps, though you may likely have to sign into most of your accounts again… and some custom ringtones may need to be reset (especially if they are not in the correct folders to begin with).

In short, clearing cache partition is totally different from a factory data reset, which will erase all your data, apps and settings.

Clear Cache Partition - MOTO X PURE EDITION

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
  4. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
  6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  7. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Powerbutton to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Options

3 Posts

01-10-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 7 of 7

Re:Issues after Nougat update

2020-08-15, 22:02 PM

You can do a complete factory reset then turn off updates. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)