Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frozone
What's DOS?
Views: 1,729
Message 21 of 29

Re: Loose/Damaged USB Charging Port

I just gave up on Motorola and now I don't even look at their phones when I go into the store. They're dead to me.

Highlighted
mjwoody1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,252
Message 22 of 29

I agree, the charging port has something very wrong with it, but nobody will take ownership for the problem!
I have gone through 3 chargers and 2 phones under warranty!
Always worried when my phone would stop charging.
Finally I went out and bought the new Google pixel XL 2 !
I probably will get kicked off the site for saying this!
Michael J Wood
f38urry
WWAN
Views: 1,245
Message 23 of 29

You won't.

VikingRugger
Paper Tape
Views: 1,112
Message 24 of 29

I am running into the same issue.  I plug the phone in with the plug/charger that came with the phone, and it doesn't charge.  If I push the charger with my thumb waaaaay over to the right, it charges.  I do not want to have to hold the phone everytime it needs to be charged.  Is there a simple fix to this?

AnneX
Punch Card
Views: 1,087
Message 25 of 29

There's a way to avoid potential damage to the charge port.  Get a magnetic charging micro usb plug and cable.  A plug permanently (removable) goes into the charge port.  When you want to charge, the cable attaches magnetically and makes a connection to charge .  Also,  the cable's orientation does not matter, so no more fumbling with "which way is up!".

The one I have (link below) is charge only, so get a data one if you need it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Micro-USB-Charging-Cable-with-iPhone-and-Samsung-Adapters-US-Selle...

wkimballtn
What's DOS?
Views: 577
Message 26 of 29

I'm on my second phone. Replaced after charging port wore out and failed.

4 months later and after purchasing a new AC NON-USB charger!! (So you can't charge in a vehcile or USB port)

It has failed. Verizon charged me $38 for a replacement AC/DC charge cords.  It frayed at the end. Very poor quality cable. Was too stiff and the plastic insulation at connecting the the male plug cracked. This is an extremely poor, inferior, substandard quality power cable and the charge port on the Moto is too fragile. I believe it was designed to fail! Numerous posts can be found throughout the web with regard to the Moto charge port failure.  I purchased a car charger from the Verizon and the end connector completely broke off clean from where it was soldered on to the red end of the plug.  I've never seen such a poor design and rinky-dink assembly! I have over the course of 1.5 years invested $1,700 on hardware including all the Moto attachments.  I have two phone that do not work now.  I even purchased a wifi charge pad to do away with the cables.  It works extremely slow and for what it's worth, when I get a full overnights charge to 100% I'm lucky if I can get a fuill hours use out of the phone.  I left Verizon who I have been with for over 18 years and switched to T-Mobile. I havbe 4 lines and my ulimited talk and text bill is less then 25% what I was paying at Verizon.  Switched to a Galasxy S9 with T-Mobile. Love it! And I'm under no contract as I await my free 50" LED Ultra K TV they are sending me Smiley Happy

walkcrys
Paper Tape
Views: 568
Message 27 of 29

I posted a couple of years ago about this problem.  I got no help from the manufacturer.  I solved my problem by buying a Google Pixel.  I'll never buy Motorola again.

walkcrys
Paper Tape
Views: 550
Message 28 of 29

I also solved my Moto problem by buying a Pixel!
mjwoody1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 431
Message 29 of 29

I have to agree with you, I finally got so upset with the charging port and with Motorola not doing a recall,that I finally solved my problem once and for all, by buying a Google pixel XL 2 last year when Verizon had it on sale for $549 which is$300 off!
And I had for more than a year,
I hope Lenovo will post this in edited!
Michael J Wood