Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMoto X Pure / Moto X Style
All Forum Topics
Options

55 Posts

09-12-2015

United States of America

24 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 11 of 56

Re: Many Verizon Customers Can NOT Connect This Phone

2015-09-16, 0:40 AM

The UsCellular store had to go in back and get me a nano sim and install it too.   They to do not have the data in their systems for the MXPE either.  right now they have me set up as a MX2nd gen on my profile.  hahah

Options

42 Posts

09-02-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

284 Page Views

• Views: 284
  • Message 12 of 56

2015-09-16, 0:43 AM

Just when I was getting steamed at Moto for not talking to its (biggest?) carrier Verizon before launch this new phone they aren't prepared to activate, I did get an answer from the Executive Relations Department at Verizon.  I had written (see above) to report the problems I was having, they offered to send me a NANO-sized SIM card, I replied that I didn't think it would work as it failed to work in a Verizon corporate store because these new IMEI numbers are not in the VZ system and will NOT activate on their network until those IMEI's are loaded.

So before the Executive crew could respond, this morning I passed along the VZ update which is posted at DroidLife.  Now, it seems, not only does Moto not speak with VZ, even the the Verizon people on the left hand don't seem to speak to the Verizon people on the right hand.  Here's the reply I got:

<<I'm not able to validate that information. I can send you a SIM card, but it would be the same type of SIM card that you would receive at a store location.  If you provide the Device ID I can attempt to update it in our system.>>

I've now sent VZ the IMEI number to see if they can "update it in our system."  I'll hold my breath and wait to hear from the Executive department.  Look for me back here soon with another update.  I dunno exactly how long I can HOLD my breath but I'm guessing I'll be easy to spot--I'll be the blue guy still waiting!

Options

86 Posts

09-08-2015

United States of America

48 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 13 of 56

2015-09-16, 12:22 PM

On a similar line. I called Verizon to ask what I needed to do to get the SIM card. I was told to go to any corporate store and they would give me free SIM's. I specifically asked if I could get the SIM before I got the phone. I was told no problem. Yesterday drove 25 miles to nearest store. Lady there told me they would not give me the SIM. They had to put it in the phone themselves. I told them what I was told on the phone and she said that was wrong. I got on my phone, called Verizon again. Was told that I should be able to get the SIM. The lady on the phone looked up the transcript from my previous call and verifed it was correct. I put the store lady on the phone with the phone lady. The store lady wouldn't budge. She also told me if I didn't buy the phone from Verizon it wouldn't work anyway. I think she was just mad that there wouldn't be any commission for her. I guess Verizon corporate and corporate stores are not the same....last time I go in that store. Anyway the phone lady said she would Fedex me the SIM cards at no charge. She had trouble figuring out which ones since the PURE wasn't in their data base yet. But she decided the MOTO X SIM would be the same, and I checked and it should be. The phones or the SIMS haven't arrived yet, so don't know if they will activate correctly. Hope Verizon gets that fixed. If it wasn't for the bad ATT signal at my house I would be tempted to switch.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 14 of 56

2015-09-16, 12:59 PM

whitejw said:

On a similar line. I called Verizon to ask what I needed to do to get the SIM card. I was told to go to any corporate store and they would give me free SIM's. I specifically asked if I could get the SIM before I got the phone. I was told no problem. Yesterday drove 25 miles to nearest store. Lady there told me they would not give me the SIM. They had to put it in the phone themselves. I told them what I was told on the phone and she said that was wrong. I got on my phone, called Verizon again. Was told that I should be able to get the SIM. The lady on the phone looked up the transcript from my previous call and verifed it was correct. I put the store lady on the phone with the phone lady. The store lady wouldn't budge. She also told me if I didn't buy the phone from Verizon it wouldn't work anyway. I think she was just mad that there wouldn't be any commission for her. I guess Verizon corporate and corporate stores are not the same....last time I go in that store. Anyway the phone lady said she would Fedex me the SIM cards at no charge. She had trouble figuring out which ones since the PURE wasn't in their data base yet. But she decided the MOTO X SIM would be the same, and I checked and it should be. The phones or the SIMS haven't arrived yet, so don't know if they will activate correctly. Hope Verizon gets that fixed. If it wasn't for the bad ATT signal at my house I would be tempted to switch.

View original

I would report the store person's behavior for re-training.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

108 Posts

12-15-2011

United States of America

22 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 15 of 56

2015-09-16, 13:26 PM

@eaccents,

Did you get any "Official" word from Moto on this activation mess?  I saw the Droid Life article that was posted, but that that is not "Official."

Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2605 Signins

65408 Page Views

• Views: 65408
  • Message 16 of 56

2015-09-16, 14:03 PM

Moto X Pure Edition is certified and supported for activation on Verizon's network. We are working with Verizon to resolve the activation issue by Friday Sept. 18.

In the meantime, we have some workarounds:

• Contact Verizon customer service and provide the IMEI of the older unit to VZW customer service. Activate new SIM using old device. Once the SIM is active, plug that to new Moto X2.

• Go to VZW store. The store rep should be able to assist with new SIM activation. In most cases, the store rep will activate the SIM using another phone. They usually have reference phone/device to activate any SIM.

Of course, putting an already-working Verizon SIM in the Pure works fine as well.

We know this is a problem and apologize to anyone who has struggled to get their phone activated. As I said above, we should eliminate any issues within a couple of days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: This is now fixed and you can activate your Moto X Pure on Verizon normally. Thanks for your patience!

(Sept. 17, 1:30 PM CT)

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

42 Posts

09-02-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

284 Page Views

• Views: 284
  • Message 17 of 56

2015-09-16, 15:52 PM

Matt, first let me add my thanks to all those here who appreciate your help and the access to somebody far more informed than any Moto customer service rep we can get on the phone or online.  You've done much to stoke enthusiasm and sales for this new phone...and I know it must sometimes seem like you're a victim of your own success.  :>]

Apart from the apology (appreciated), I'm sure many of us who have wasted countless hours in Verizon stores and on the phone with the carrier would be interested to know:  WHAT ACTUALLY WENT WRONG, EXACTLY?  Was it as simple as somebody at Moto neglected to send the list of IMEI's?  Did carriers like VZ decide they wanted a piece of the pie before agreeing to activate?  Did news of tether capability cause VZ to pull back?  And apart from scouring the Internet hoping for news from some reliable source, how will we be notified (hopefully by or before Friday) what fix has been implemented and when?

There has been plenty of speculation (at Droid-Life and elsewhere) and I'm hoping you and Moto agree that in addition to an apology, loyal customers should be told what caused all this rain on our parade once the much-anticipated phones finally got into our hands.  Yes, it's not Hillary's e-mails here but nonetheless...inquiring minds want to know!  lol 

Thanks again!

Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2605 Signins

65408 Page Views

• Views: 65408
  • Message 18 of 56

2015-09-16, 16:14 PM

AtTheBeach said:

Matt, first let me add my thanks to all those here who appreciate your help and the access to somebody far more informed than any Moto customer service rep we can get on the phone or online.  You've done much to stoke enthusiasm and sales for this new phone...and I know it must sometimes seem like you're a victim of your own success.  :>]

Apart from the apology (appreciated), I'm sure many of us who have wasted countless hours in Verizon stores and on the phone with the carrier would be interested to know:  WHAT ACTUALLY WENT WRONG, EXACTLY?  Was it as simple as somebody at Moto neglected to send the list of IMEI's?  Did carriers like VZ decide they wanted a piece of the pie before agreeing to activate?  Did news of tether capability cause VZ to pull back?  And apart from scouring the Internet hoping for news from some reliable source, how will we be notified (hopefully by or before Friday) what fix has been implemented and when?

There has been plenty of speculation (at Droid-Life and elsewhere) and I'm hoping you and Moto agree that in addition to an apology, loyal customers should be told what caused all this rain on our parade once the much-anticipated phones finally got into our hands.  Yes, it's not Hillary's e-mails here but nonetheless...inquiring minds want to know!  lol 

Thanks again!

View original

As much as I'd love to share the behind-the-scenes of this particular issue -- I'm not going to. wink

Someday, over a beer, we'll get into the details. 

And I want to also apologize for being absent for a few days. I was traveling for work last week and on a short vacation for the past couple of days. I'm back and will be more active now.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 19 of 56

2015-09-16, 16:21 PM

Thanks for letting us know why you were absent for a few days, but I don't think an apology is in order.  Moving mountains, shaking and rattling trees, knocking on doors, stalking other Motorolans, etc to get things done away from the forums is all to our benefit! smiley

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

27 Posts

09-16-2015

United States

10 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 20 of 56

2015-09-16, 17:16 PM

Other than the obvious "this launch has been a debacle" and the "maybe I should just return the phone" thoughts going around in my head, I'm willing to be patient while the phone sits unusable on my desk.  But only to a certain point.  Other than the constant refreshing of this page and the Droid-Life page, is there an "official" way to know when it is safe to go into a Verizon Wireless store to get a working SIM?

I have already attempted the "workaround" method in a corporate store only to leave after an hour and being told there is nothing they can do.

This entire process has been more than frustrating and apologies for venting here.  I'm not sure who to be more angry with - Motorola or Verizon.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms